Ceramics- 3

Third day in class

I'm a little disappointed the green-eyed beauty isn't here today, but I put in my earbuds continue silently working on my pinch pots.

I see a flash of red jump into the seat in front of me.

"Hey, Camz!" She smiles.

"Hey Laur, everything okay? You seem out of breath."

"Oh yeah I'm fine, I just had to run from the parking lot, I couldn't find my keys this morning."

"They grew legs and walked away?" I joked.

"Exactly, I swear I put it on the key rack and they were in the couch cushions."

"Find any change?" I lamely joke.

"Two whole dollars." She smugly smirks. I couldn't help but laugh as she shook her backpack allowing me to hear the spare change jumbling about.

"Oh my god, you're a nerd!"

"Depends on the day." She shrugs.

"Anyway, how was lunch with your sister?"

"Awful. She's my stepsister, not the nicest human to exist, but she has her moments." She puts her backpack under the table.

"Sorry to hear that, was the food good at least."

"No, we ended up at a juice shop because she needed to 'cleanse' her body because she had sushi the day before." She stands to go get her clay pots.

"I was meaning to text you last night, I wanted to know if you wanted to get coffee Tuesday? I'd do it sooner but since my sister is in town, my family loves to have 'bonding' time."

"Tuesday sounds wonderful, although I'll have to push a few Netflix episodes around." I smile.

"What a mighty sacrifice." She jokes, unwrapping her pinch pots.

"But for real though, I'll take us to this new coffee shop not too far away from here. I've been a few times and it's pretty good and the food is delicious."

"Better than juice?"

"Way better than grass, ginger, blueberry, or whatever the hell they put in there to ruin your intestines."

"Looking forward to it." I smile and focus back on my work.

—==+==—

Eighth day in class

Today is the day my coffee date transpires with Lauren. We've talked quite a bit throughout the week.

Is it a date?

"New assignment! If you're still finishing up the pinch pots, listen to the new assignment first and then you can continue. So we're going to be making a three in one animal." Mr. Moore lifts up his piece that has the body of a duck, legs and eyes of a spider, and the ears of a rabbit. A little creepy looking but amazing nonetheless.

"For this one I want you to add details, patterns or textures your animal may have. So for an example a cow, you could make it have patches/spots a cow would have. Or horns a dragon may have, feathers a bird may have. This one will take more time and I want you to take your time. Be creative!" With that, Mr. Moore turns on the music.

'What the hell am I going to do?'

"What are you going to make Camz?" Lauren asks.

"No idea, maybe like a snake, that's all I got right now. What about you?"

"I'm thinking a bear body, with octopus tentacles, and wings of some sort protruding out of its back."

"Woah, sounds interesting, can't wait to see it."