Ceramics- 6

Fifteenth day in class

The date a few days ago was amazing! We got some tacos after, but I had a hard time feeding myself, my arms were sore. She's just perfect, we laughed a lot, we talked about our dreams and hopes, crazy world issues, our family and their craziness, it was so much fun. We either texted for hours or talked on the phone for hours when we weren't in class or able to talk face to face. I never thought I would enjoy someone's presence or voice as much as I adore hers.

"Today in class, we're going to be using the pottery wheels, also known as throwing clay. There are enough wheels for everyone here. I'll dismiss you table by table after these few instructions. There are aprons if you want it as this can get really messy. I'm not expecting any shelf store items today, just play around and get a feel for it. So you're gonna grab a bucket, fill it up halfway, and grab a sponge. You're going to take it to your wheel, wet the wheel head with your sponge, take about 100 grams of clay, roll it in a ball, and slap it in the middle. Now when you spin the wheel you typically kick it outwards with your right foot but do whatever feels comfortable." He quickly demonstrates.

"So after you plop the clay in the middle, you wet your hands and place them on the clay while you start to spin the wheel. Try to keep your elbows in. Start with your hands in a circle-like shape, like you're grabbing a mug or something with both hands. Just play with it today, but to get a taller product, apply pressure inwards, want something flat like, push down. If you want to try to make a cup or a bowl, you're going to push down with your thumbs at the top. Then use a finger to pull out the clay towards you while your other hand is used as a guide. You will have to wet your hands every now and then throughout the process. I'll be walking around, any questions you gave I'll answer or help. This table, you guys grab your stuff first." He points at our table.

"Cmon Camzi, let's get our stuff quickly so we can get the wheels by the wall."

Lauren, the gentlewoman she is, carries the buckets to the wheels, while I take the sponges, I insisted on carrying my own bucket, but she fought me. So we came to an unfair happy medium of me carrying the sponges.

As soon as I get started, the clay gets everywhere, it's like I stuck my hands in mud after a while, but luckily I can 'wash' them off in the bucket and get back to work. As per usual I'm struggling while Lauren is prospering. I've gotten one successful cup thing, but I got too cocky and it collapsed. I'm struggling to try to make it even for some reason, like one side is slightly higher than the other.

Meanwhile, Lauren has this cool ass vase, with nice ass indentations on it. While mine looks an old man wrinkle with folds and flaps. Gross description, but that's the only way I can describe it as it sadly spins around.

The worst part is, it took me the whole damn class to do it! The dreaded, 'if your happy and you know it' started to play and I can't help but release a groan, wishing I had more time.

"What's wrong Camzi?" Lauren asks concerned.

I sigh, "Nothing, I'm just frustrated with myself, I could only do one good cup and then it freakin collapsed on me. It took me three attempts just to get that one!"

"It's okay, look, today was just an experiment day. You'll get the hang of it."

"Look at yours!"

"Camz, I told you, don't compare, look." She smashes her beautiful vase leaving me dumbfounded.

"Why would you do that?" I gasp.

She shrugs, "I don't want you to think bad of your artwork and the hard work you put into it. If yours collapsed then mine is going to also."

"I'll be right back, stay there with your beautiful self.

She quickly washed her hands before she went to talk to Mr. Moore, he quickly looked at me and then back at Lauren. He nodded his head and pointed with his thumb at the door. Lauren smiled and shook his hand before walking back to me.

"What was that about?" I ask.

"I asked him if we could stay for a little while longer. He said it's fine because he has a few errands to run around campus, so we got the place to ourselves. And we, my beautiful Camz, are going to make a vase, together." She smiles at me.

"How are we going to do that? Besides, I'd rather just watch you do it, I'd slow you down."

"You'll see and you won't slow me down." She takes a seat behind me, she leans forward and wraps her arms in front of my body, grabbing the clay.

Her chin rests on my shoulder as her front is pressed against my back. "Put your hands here." She gently grabs my hands and placed them into position on the clay. "I'll spin the wheel."

She makes the indent at the top of the clay, while I kept it steady. "You're doing great gorgeous."

"Now, put your hand right here." She points at the small opening, I do as told. "Now pull towards us, I'll keep it steady."

It widens out, "Now, pull it upwards from the inside, start at the bottom." It starts to get taller. "If we want it to look a little wonky, we apply pressure to different parts to the vase."

She places my hands in the middle part of the vase interlacing our fingers, as her head slowly lifts off my shoulder. I can't help but get distracted by her touch and I pull my head away and look to the left where her head was and see her staring intensely. Her intimidating green eyes boring straight into mine, her eyes quickly flicker to my lips. As if time stills, she slowly moves in capturing her lips with mine. Our lips move in perfect synchrony as if they've known each other for a lifetime. She slowly parts, away resting her forehead on mine, with eyes closed.

She places one last kiss to my lips, "Will you be my girlfriend Camz?"

"Of course." I smile, I go in to kiss her once more, discarding our collapsed mess.

"I told you I always pick the best." She smiles.

"Shut up and kiss me." I smile leaning in once more.

I think I'm okay with messy hands now.

The End Ah Ha!

=========================
I took a little break from the other story to spit this out. I think it's okay, but I hope y'all enjoy. Have an amazing week. Also Camilas 23 now 🥺 ik I'm like 5ish years younger, but still.💕💕💕😁😁😁