Homework & Hugs

This is torture!

Trapped in her room at Havenfield, Sophie was up to her ears in papers from the project her telepathy mentor, Tiergan, assigned her and Fitz and between Iggy's obnoxious snoring and Keefe's constant hails (which she refused to accept) she wasn't able to get anything done.

After about the fourteenth hail from Keefe, she accepted his call and in the scariest voice possible, she growled: "Keefe Sencen so help me if this is a joke-"

"Finally!" his voice sounded surprised. "I was starting to worry that you'd been kidnapped or something."

Sophie practically slammed her head on her desk. "Keeeeeefe," she wailed. Heaving a sigh, she asked, "what is it?"

She could hear Keefe laugh and seriously wondered if it would be too awful to strangle him. "Someone sounds upset" he murmured.

"Do you have any idea what kind of day I've had? First, I was almost late to Foxfire because Iggy decided to pulverize my cape AND take the liberty of hiding it under my desk. Then I totally spaced out during my training with Tiergan and before I know it I'm being assigned this stupid project -"

"Okay, okay! I get it. No need to bore me with the details, Foster." He was silent for a minute and then said "Look, I know I'm not a Telepath. Which, by the way, let it be known that if I was I'd be way cooler than Fitzy."

Sophie rolled her eyes at the remark, but Keefe proceeded to ask if there was any way he could help. Sophie bit her lip and tugged on an itchy eyelash as she finally blurted out "Can you come over?"

Keefe immediately hung up and in a flash, he had leaped to Havenfield and narrowly missed Grady as he fled up to Sophie's room. Still trying to regain his breath, he was then knocked over by Sophie as she tackle-hugged him. Letting out a breathy laugh Keefe whispered: "And to think I thought you couldn't stand me, Foster."

Burying her face in his shoulder, she didn't say anything back. She just relished in the sense of peace that Keefe brought whenever he was around.

"I can feel your stress," he said. But he didn't pull away. If anything he held her tighter. "Are you sure I can't help you with your project?"

She mumbled "yeah" as she started to pull away. "Just having you here is helping, though."

He smiled as they finally broke apart, both of them now blushing.

Iggy ended up breaking the silence as he squawked, flew over, and landed on Keefe's shoulder.

"Hey, Iggy! Love the color" he winked at the currently ice-blue imp.

Sophie's mind wandered off as she thought about all that Keefe was having to deal with. His "Legacy", a new power (which they still had no idea what it was), his parents...

"Would you like to keep him for a while?"

Both of them looked at each other with blank expressions, though Sophie was even more surprised that she had just said that. She was just so grateful for Keefe doing everything he could to help her and she wished she could do the same for him. Even if it meant letting Keefe have Iggy for a while. If he could handle him, that is.

But Keefe quickly broke out of his trance with a huge smile on his face. "Really?" he exclaimed, "you'd let me do that?"

Sophie blushed and mumbled, "well, yeah, if you can handle -"

She was cut off with a gasp as Keefe wrapped her up in a bear hug and swung her around. "Thank you so much, Foster! Ooooh, I could dye him different colors! And maybe use him for pranks! Or maybe -"

Sophie pushed on his shoulders as her breathing was effectively cut off by his strangling hug. "Need - to breathe!" she gasped.

He quickly let go of her. "Oh yeah. Sorry." He scratched the back of his neck, "I guess I was just excited."

Sophie laughed as Keefe scooped up Iggy in his palms. "You and I are gonna cause so much mischief, buddy." Iggy, like most of the animals at Havenfield, was absolutely in love with Keefe and therefore he was purring with happiness as Keefe rubbed his belly.

After spending the next few hours squealing about Iggy, brainstorming ideas for pranks, and trying (*cough* failing) to help Sophie with her project, Keefe decided to take Iggy and go.

"Thanks for coming over, Keefe," Sophie smiled, "you helped more than you know".

Keefe smiled back at the girl before him "Anytime, Foster. Thanks for helping me, too."

~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~

First chapter, babbyyyy! I have so many ideas for chapters, which is great, but the problem is finding the time to actually write. Even in quarantine, I am still finding plenty of ways to stay busy.

Thanks for being patient, guys! Y'all are the best