♡ Legacy ♡

How long had it been?

A month? A year?

Stop it, Sophie. You can't think like that.

But seriously. How long had it been?

Only a few weeks, Sophie. 

Get it together Sophie.

She was getting worse by the day. The worry clawing at her throat, threatening to suffocate her. She had to keep herself in check with constant reminders.

He's just in a coma.

At least he can hear you.

You know he's fighting.

But in reality she didn't know anything. She could only imagine the horrors he might be facing. 

Recently she'd started "talking" to him more. To be honest, it felt like she was talking to herself.

No. He can hear you, Sophie.

Selfishly she'd started talking about all the things that she was never supposed to tell anyone. Letting her words run rampant. 

Screw the Black Swan. Screw the Council. Screw Team Valiant.

All the secrets that were supposed to remain just that. Secret.

The countless things that have weighed down on her shoulders for years.

She knows that she is not supposed to but Keefe had always been such a great listener. Never forcing her to say anything she didn't want to. Always supporting her. 

Even now, unbeknownst to her, he is trying. Trying to wake up from this never ending dreamscape. Trying to tell her that he's listening.

I'm here, Sophie. I'm listening. I'm trying.

He also wants to tell her all the things that have been weighing on his mind. He knows about Fitz, he knows about his mom, he knows about Oralie, about the cache. About all the things that she should have never had to go through on her own. He wants to share his own secrets. The things he wouldn't even fathom telling anyone else . . .but Sophie Foster.

And even though he knows she might never hear him. He tells her his secret. The secret that he has been left with since the day he met the brown-eyed prodigy lost in the halls of Foxfire.

He tells her with all the emotion he can. Sending an overwhelming amount of a new emotion. An emotion he hadn't ever experienced with his family. 

For a minute he couldn't even recognize it. But as he readied the message in his mind, praying to whomever was listening that she'd hear him, he realized it was love.

I love you.

I love you, Sophie Foster.