✔ Part 19 ✔

Kate wandered about the city, looking around to see what had changed and what had stayed the same.

The city was definitely more destroyed than the last time she had been here, so she couldn't tell which buildings were what anymore.

After Kate walked around for ten minutes, she heard a loud banging noise coming from the building beside her.

The girl immediately turned to said building the noise was coming from with a single eyebrow raised in interest.

Kate, without hesitation, stalked over to the door and opened it, soon hearing another banging noise coming from one of the upper floors.

The demon girl quickly located the stairs, steadily ascending them as she skipped past the broken floorboards on her way up.

"What the hell. . .?" Kate mumbled, hearing another bang as soon as her foot was placed on the second floor. "Guess I shouldn't be surprised if someone's been taken hostage, happens all the time here."

Kate groaned once she heard another three bangs, all coming from above her again, "Why does it have to be stairs?"

Kate huffed as she kept walking up, taking around five minutes until she got to the top floor, where the banging was coming from.

Kate wandered around the third floor only to jump when the banging noise was right beside her, the girl turning her head to the large metal door that was slowly rusting away.

"Who's in there?" Kate called, a hand cupped her mouth as she spoke, hesitant at first, but did it anyway in case it was someone she knew.

"Dark!" The man yelled back after a few moments of silence, Kate widening her eyes before they returned to their normal size.

"Hold on," Kate said looking, her eyes glancing around the room for a second before they looked back at the door. "It's Kate. I'm gonna get you outta there."

Kate slowly looked around the room, striding around in search of something to help her get the door open.

After a few minutes of looking, she opened a cabinet, watching as a crowbar fell out, the girl stepping out of the way before it could hit her.

'Don't know if that'll work, but it's worth a try.'

She bent down to it up, holding it in a tight grip and inspecting it for a second, "Dark, I'm going to try and force the door open. Don't know if it'll work, though."

"Just try it," Dark spoke back quickly. "It's worth a shot."

Kate nodded, aware that no one could see her before she walked closer to the door, putting the crowbar between the metal door and the frame.

Kate used all of her strength to try and make the door budge, the door making a loud creaking sound as it moved only an inch.

"Just a little more," Kate muttered, using more strength on the crowbar, but it wouldn't move anymore. "Dark, can you start pushing at the door?"

"Yea," Dark said back, the girl started to push on the crowbar again, the door moving slowly but surely as it made small creaking sounds.

Soon enough, the door swung open towards Kate, the girl stepping out of the way to see Dark standing there with a somewhat angered look on his face.

"How'd you get in there?" Kate asked, taking a deep breath and dropping the crowbar.

"How am I supposed to know?" Dark said, irritated as he walked over to a window to look around at where they were.