✔ Part 28 ✔

Patton had been wandering around the dull streets of this new world for a couple of hours now, looking for some kind of civilization, only to find none in the wasteland that was once a town.

Morality had the amazing luck to get stuck on his own, not waking up beside the people he knew or any people at all.

"Why am I alone?" Patton whimpered, shivering as he walked along a highway he found outside of the town he woke in, which he had explored and found nothing.

Patton suddenly froze, slowly looking behind him when he heard a groan, the moral side widening his frightened eyes when he saw a zombie wobbling closer and closer towards him.

The side opened his mouth, not a sound coming out of it, backing away from the creature while still having his eyes set on the horrifying thing, his hands going up to cover his mouth, not knowing what else to do.

Morality gulped, still backing away when his back hit something, looking behind him to spot an old looking telephone box, the Side not knowing what else to do other than enter. He closed it, the zombie getting closer, as well as its friends that soon joined, Patton's eyes filling with tears.

- - -

Jameson's breathing picked up as he looked around the darkness of the forest he awoke in, not moving from his spot as he spun in circles, his hat being lost somewhere as he hadn't woke with it anywhere near him.

'Where is everyone?' Jameson thought, taking a deep breath as he finally picked up the courage to walk around the woods, stumbling over a few tree roots that were sticking up out of the ground.

JJ looked down at his hand when he remembered his powers, imagining a flashlight appearing in his hands, a few sparks flying out, nothing appearing there.

'Why isn't it working?!' Jameson thought, even more frightened now he knew he wouldn't be able to protect himself since he wasn't able to magic something up.

As Jameson kept trying, the sparks kept coming, the Septic Ego finally sighing in defeat once he came to terms that he wouldn't be able to do much as he looked around once more. He quickly spotted a light coming from the opposite side of the forest he was standing at, the ego starting to walk towards it.

'What if it's something bad?' The Ego thought, shaking his head from the thought as he kept walking. 'It could be one of the others.'

Jameson kept having the same conflict going on in his mind the whole walk, finally getting to where he wanted to after around twenty minutes, JJ stopping before taking another deep breath, finally getting out of the woods.

What Jameson saw was terrifying for him, he saw random bodies sprawled out across the road in front of him, some having bite marks, others being decapitated, blood everywhere as he glanced at the bodies, his eyes wide.

The light he saw was coming from a burning vehicle, what Jameson could identify as a Jeep, laying upside down, the doors either ripped off and thrown somewhere or just barely hanging on by the hinges.

The vehicle then let out even more fire, the Ego just then realising that it could explode anytime soon, quickly running down the road, not wanting to go back into the woods, trying his best not to trip over the bodies.

Jameson let out a silent scream when something grabbed onto his ankle, the Septic Ego falling before looking behind him and spotting one of the bodies he presumed dead dragging him closer to her, letting out groans, blood covering her whole body.

JJ began to panic, looking around him for anything he could use as a weapon, finding a sharp stick, the wooden stick not going to be able to do anything dangerous, but it would get the zombie girl off of him.