"Partners In Crime"

We did everything together, from the time we met both of us knew we were unstoppable.

It was my Junior year in school, I met her at the end of our 1st semester. I really only glanced at her since she had two men surrounding her and a woman dressed as some type of teacher, so I decided it was best to not interfere.

I saw her later on during break hour, sitting by herself in the grass. There was only one man with her now -still firm in his posture, decked in black clothing- and I figured whoever she was...she had status.

Her face was stoic, sad even like she didn't want to be here, and who could blame her? No one did.

Eventually, I built up the courage to approach her, so I grabbed a quick lunch, and stole an apple for her, somewhat of a welcome gift wouldn't hurt, right?

I made my way outside, noticing all the people staring at her as she ignored them and their hushed whispers. It was normal for people to be that way, but I found it odd that even the popular group steered away from her, some even rolled their eyes at her presence.

That intrigued me, I wondered who she was, and wanted to make her feel welcomed not outcasted.

I finally reached her and kept my distance as the man shifted to eye me. Jesus, calm down.

"Hey!" I called to her, she looked up and smiled, but the gesture seemed fake. I continued, "Ym...I saw you sitting alone, I assume you're new? Um, I just came to introduce myself, and give you a little welcome gift.." I smiled brightly, trying to brush away the stares, and anxiety.

I half expected her to scoff and tell me to go away but she took the apple I held out and laughed. "Thanks, Usually people ask about my father, or invade my space." She took a bit of the fruit, and I tilted my head in confusion.

"Why would anyone want to know about your father? And invade your space?" It was weird to me, but later I found out just how naive I seemed to her.

The girl looked surprised; and a little interested. "What's your name?" She asked, I stepped closer to sit next to her but flinched when the man moved toward me defensively. "Oh...uh s-sorry.." He was terrifying.

"It's alright, Dave. Chill, she can sit." The girl gave him a look, and he nodded then stepped away. She looked at me and patted the seat next to her. "Come on. He won't bite." So I sat, "Thanks, Dave." I joked, and she giggled.

"My name is Ari, Ari Lee." I introduced myself properly and waited to hear her name. "Well, Air...I'm.." she went silent, staring at me for a long while as if I might be infected with a disease. I raised a brow, "You're who?" I inquired sarcastically.

She gave up staring and finally answered, "No, I'm not who, I'm Lily-Rose Depp." She stated, just as snobbish as I did.

The surname sounded familiar, but we got to bantering and picking at each other, becoming close in an instant. It's almost scary how fast we bonded.

We eventually graduated and even entered the same modeling agency. I met her mother and brother and soon found out about Johnny Depp being her father.

I never met him, mainly because she traveled to see him, and I was way too nervous to meet him, I loved his acting and music so I knew I'd fangirl over him.

Lily didn't mind my crush on him, she always said it was normal, and that since we had become best friends over a natural connection she would never think I was getting close to her just to get to him.

I was relieved, and we started to emerge into modeling prominently. Lily dabbled in acting and soon took off. Everything was going so well, so perfectly.

That was going to change around our birthdays' -and yes, our birthdays fell in the same week, so we celebrated together. Lily would be turning 18 just like me. She made a plan to travel, wanting to spend some time with her father, but the thing was..she invited me to meet him too.

I should have sensed then how much of a problem that would cause.

Words: 742