The Sleepover - Part 2

Daria is the first of the three to wake up and makes her way to the kitchen for breakfast, Jane following shortly after.

"Sleep well?" Jane makes conversation while preparing a pot for coffee.

"Uh, yeah sure." Daria states at the counter where she and Trent kissed and feels her cheeks heat up.

"You seem distracted, did something happen?"

"I may have kissedTrentinthemiddleoftgenight."

"You what?"

"I kind of... kissed... Trent last night." Daria half whispers in embarrassment.

"You WHAT?!" Jane's mouth hangs open. "Did you really tell him you like him and I wasn't there?"

"Actually I didn't, it just kind of happened."

   "You just... kissed? Out of nowhere?" Jane takes a seat next to Daria. "How did it happen?"

   Daria recalls the previous night in detail to Jane, who is hanging on to every word. "I don't know why he even did it, isn't he dating that Mystique girl?"

   "Monique, but no they broke up again a week ago. Seemed pretty bad I don't think they'll get back together this time."

   "So what, I was a rebound kiss?"

   "I doubt it, Trent isn't like that. He doesn't do rebounds." Daria stares at nothing in particular as Jane gets up. "I'm gonna go shower, be back soon."

   "She's right, you know. I don't do rebounds." Trent comes into the kitchen after Jane left to bathe.

   "Then why did you do it?"

   "Because I like you, why else?"

   Daria remains speechless at the confession, looking at Trent in slight disbelief. He approaches her and stands in front of her before kneeling down to her level. "I- I like you too. A lot actually."

   "I know." Trent smiles before kissing her again, this time with more passion.