Fifty-Five ~ It's Me

The bakery was opened since 4 AM. It's a good opportunity for those people who had a long time work or the night shift. Or just for those people who couldn't have their peaceful time just to visit the dreamland.

 Hao Xuan was one of those people who had to spend his night time opening his eyes wide and stay put. That night he was super tired, and there was no much work left in his shift. So he left the hospital for some food, and he didn't choose the hospital's cafeteria to have it. The food in the hospital's cafeteria wasn't as good as the food from the stalls along the street, he said.

"Dude! Wanna have a stroll to the food?" he asked Yibo who stayed in his office, scanning the radiology's result photos.

Yibo turned to him who popping his head up the door.

"No. I still have some works to do," Yibo replied. "You go."

Hao Xuan shrugged. He closed the door and went off. 

He walked on the pavement where there were some cafes and shops have already opened. The smell of coffee and teas brewing the nostrils, freshly baked bread and cookies also lingered to the empty stomach that craving for the midnight supper. But heyy... it's already 4 in the morning!

Moshi! Moshi!

Was became Hao Xuan's favorite greeting whenever he entered the bakery. The place where he could travel back to his past memory, the time he saw the sweet face man with beautiful eyes.

"Miss! Is korokke pan ready?" Asked Hao Xuan to the girl who arranging the bread inside the display counter.

"The dough hasn't ready yet.!" the girl replied.

"Do you have the yesterday one?" asked Hao Xuan again.

"There is. But just now..." the girl halted when another man approached them and held out a paper bag to Hao Xuan.

They both looked at the man and stunned. The man had an eyed smile plastering on his face while holding his hand out to Hao Xuan.

"Take it. As I promised, I'll buy you the bread that my son had dropped from your hand that time...!" said the Jiyang.

"Ahh... It's ok. I can come back here to buy the fresh ones.. yOu can have them for now," Hao Xuan declined.

"We can share it if you don't want them all. I got two here. Come! Let's go have a seat somewhere...!" said Jiyang.

Hao Xuan hesitated. But he followed Jiyang eventually when Jiyang signaled him to follow him out with his eyes.

Gokigen yo!

"Aish! This door always talking!" grumbled Hao Xuan.

Jiyang chuckled. He took a seat on the bench in front of the bakery, just across the corridor. Hao Xuan sat beside him.

"Can't sleep?' asked Jiyang while taking out the bread and passed the other one to Hao Xuan.

"Heh?' Hao Xuan turned to Jiyang who started to munch his bread.

"You are out in this kind of time for a bread. Can't sleep?" Jiyang repeated his question.

Hao Xuan bit his bread and munched it before he gives the answer. Then he shook his head, knowing that Jiyang was looking at him.

"Nightshift. I have nothing to do in the hospital, neither can sleep. A little bit hungry, so I came here," said Hao Xuan.

Jiyang mumbled an "Oh" and continue eating his bread.

"You? CAn't sleep, either?" asked Hao Xuan, turning to see Jiyang who was munching his bread.

A thud hit his chest when he saw how the other man munching his food. he reminded him to a certain someone which he patiently longed for long and to no avail. He never even changed his number, in a hope that he will come back one day and call him again. Hao Xuan felt his stomach began to churn and couldn't digest the bread that he just ate. He stop munching his bread and swallowed it hard when it was hadn't proper chewed,