𝐒𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱 𝐃𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

Requested by @Natnarf

Title: High Score

Note: i just wanna clarify that this does take place at night. when the reader says its 6:20 its 6:20 pm. cuz for some reason i just forgot that the turtles are literal night owls.

"Bye, guys!" I shouted as I waved to the turtles. They were going out on a training mission with April, and they would be gone for a while.

"See you soon!" they all yelled as they left, leaving me alone. Well, minus Master Splinter, but no one sees him half the time anyways.

"I wonder what he does everyday." I decided to try to spy on him like a ninja.

"Ninja-go!" I whispered to myself as I rolled around the dojo. I made it to Splinter's room and peeked in. He wasn't there.

"Ninja-go?" I heard from behind me and I screamed as I jumped. I turned to see Splinter with a questioning look on his face.

"Yeahhh," he gave me a look, "yes sir." he patted my head and went to his little table, where there were two cups and a pot of tea.

"Come, sit with me," I did exactly that and gratefully took some tea.

"So, my child. Why have you visited me today?" he put his cup down after a long drink and looked at me. I took a sip and copied him, putting it back.

"I was just wondering what you do all day. 'Cause, well, no one sees you, like, ever," he nodded his head in understanding and I tilted my head.

"So?" he hummed and looked at me questioningly.

"What?" I wanted to facepalm.

"What do you do all day?" he took another swig of tea and then stood up.

"What time is it?" I hurriedly looked down at my watch and gave him an answer.

"Six-twenty."

"Just in time." he left the room and I trailed behind him into the dojo.

"What are we doing?" I watched as he sat down in the middle of the floor.

"Meditating." I huffed and sat criss-cross applesauce across from him. He was already gone. 

Three hours we sat there. Three hours. Not once did he move. It was nine-thirty when he finally stretched and looked at me.

"Wasn't that refreshing?" he grinned at me and I sighed and agreed, hiding my phone in my pocket.

"Now, we eat!" I laughed and excitedly ran for the kitchen as Splinter followed behind me.

"Hey, Master Splinter?" I asked as we ate together. He hummed and took another bite of his food.

"Why do you mediate in the middle of the dojo at the same time the boys train? And why do you eat so late?" he looked at me and smiled.

"How observant. I meditate there because it is another training regiment for the boys. They have to train around me without actually disturbing me. And as for eating late, I allow the boys to go first so they may eat their favorites before I." I marveled at him.

"You're my hero." he laughed and patted my head.

"Now, onto the next activity!" he stood up and went to the sink.

"Cleaning." he pulled an apron on and tied a rag on his head.

"Great." I sighed as an apron was thrown onto my face. 

Another two hours. We cleaned the entire dojo for two hours with bleach and Febreze. I swear, I wanted to smack Mikey every time I picked up an old piece of pizza out of a random place.

As I made my way back to the living room, I groaned inwardly as I thought about what we might do next.

"What now?" I asked Splinter as we put our aprons away. He looked at me and gave me another smile. Oh, no.

"Now, we have fun." I gasped and fell to my knees.

"What?" was all I could utter.

"I don't have to be a master all the time," he winked at me, "well, at training. I'm also a master at Mario Cart."

"Try me!" I exclaimed and immediately ran for the t.v. with Splinter hot on my heels.

++++++++++

"How?" I whined as Splinter laughed beside me. The flashing red on my side of the screen mocked me as the green side made Splinter cackle.

"Again!" I said as Splinter stood up.

"No," he started walking away as I watched him.

"Why?" I whined and he stopped to look at me.

"Because my sons are coming back soon, and besides, I have some meditating to do," he winked at me as he made his way to his room.

Sneaky rat. 

"Hey, (y/n)! We're back," Mikey shouted as he ran over to me and grabbed me in a massive hug, his brothers following behind him.

"So (y/n), what did you do all day?" Leo asked me, putting his hand on my shoulder as we watched Mikey run for his game, Raph right on his heels. Donnie just slipped into the lab.

"Hey, who beat my hight score?" Mikey cried as Raph gave me a knowing look, motioning his head towards the dojo.

"Nothing," I smiled as I saw Master Splinter meditating in the middle of the dojo.

"Nothing at all."

++++++++++

S/o to you if you got my reference in the story! Comment what it was!

On a more serious note, corona virus is going around, so make sure your staying safe!

wtf is the reference?? idek someone tell me