Chapter 3 - Unusual Tastes Show Themselves

Kommandant = Commander

Frau = Mrs.

Merci = French for 'thank you'

Danke = Thank you

Gymnasium = High school

Abitur = The equivalent of a high school diploma

Luftwaffe = The German name for their Air Force

Was? = What?

Oberleutnant = Senior lieutenant, or a first lieutenant in the US Army Air Force.

Hauptmann = Captain

Oberstleutnant = Lieutenant colonel

Oberst = Colonel

Blitzkrieg = Lightning war

Mein = My

Nein = No

Bitte = Please

Gute morgen = Good morning

Abwehr = the German military intelligence service from 1920 – 1945

Wunderbar = Wonderful

Jawohl = Yes sir

Komplizierte Vergnügen = Complicated Pleasures

September 15th, 1945, their living room...

"Rob? Where did you go?" Klink called out, exiting the bathroom in his nightgown as he spoke. He was fresh from the shower after work, but he hadn't seen Hogan since they'd gotten home and changed into their pajamas.

"I was getting the mail, honey," Hogan told him after he'd entered their home again. "Hey, I finally got a response from Carter!"

"The postal service must be very slow in America," quipped his self-appointed disciplinarian after he'd taken a seat on the sofa.

"Yeah, no kidding. I – really?" his brat said, cutting himself off mid-sentence.

Klink had a curious expression on his face when he heard the sound. "What is wrong, love?"

Hogan closed and locked the door before handing him the letter and sitting down. Then he sighed and replied, "Carter is what's wrong. Look at the back of this envelope."

The older man took it, wondering what was so bad about the newly-arrived correspondence. And after he saw it, he began to laugh out loud.

"Have I mentioned that I am fond of Captain Carter?" he asked, handing it back to his boyfriend.

"You would be," muttered Hogan after he'd taken it back. The envelope had the letters 'SWAK' written on top of it on the back. There was also a heart drawn around the part where it was sealed shut. Inside the heart was written:

RH + WK

= 4EVER

"I think it is cute that he would do that, love. Do not be so stuffy," Klink admonished him.

His troublemaker rolled his eyes. "I'm not being stuffy. He's making fun of me."

"No, now you are pouting instead," teased the former Kommandant. "You should learn how to have fun more often."

"Now that's the pot calling the kettle black," Hogan retorted.