02 : Heir Apparent

It had been three hours since I arrived in Shima yet I had already learned about what happened here after Ise and Vince died.

Shira snuggled me and I could hear the guttural sound he was making, as if asking some attention.

"Man, you haven't change at all," I snickered while caressing his mane.

I stayed at the shore of the island as they decide what to do with me and the prisoners I had to transfer using the Senshins and Custos technology.

Heaving a sigh, I stared at the endless sea. I still couldn't believe that that guy had been the leader the moment he arrived here. And to think that girl who had the eyes of different tribe was his daughter.

"Hey."

I reached for my weapon as I turned my head around and saw that girl. Speaking of the devil.

She walked toward my direction and Shira started snarling at her.

"Calm down, boy," I said. "Go play with Hyora."

The girl sat beside me and looked at the gray sky. She smiled and it felt so genuine that I let my guard down for a second.

"You know, when I first arrived here, I thought I was going to die. This time, for real," she chuckled. "I, too, was bringing criminals from the Nox and Sir Hideo told me that I should brace myself when I set foot here. I thought it was because of this island's reputation."

She glanced at me and her eyes were so distracting. Her iridescent irises where beautiful and nauseating at the same time. I wonder what it felt to have eyes of different tribes and abilities.

"I was attacked by the Executioners the moment I landed. I was a fighter, too, but their strength were on a different level. It felt like I was fighting a Huntres with an instinct of a Senshin. It was terrifying."

My lips curved upward. Hearing that compliment for the Jikko clan was uplifting.

"My plan was to leave the criminals, deliver a news, and go back to Tantei High, but everything changed when their 'leader' came to meet me."

"It must be shocking," I commented.

She chuckled in response. "Not really. My Dad is strong and stubborn so deep in my heart, I knew he was still alive, despite being labeled as missing in the records of the Senshins."

Kyo, huh? The only ones we were told to be wary about in the Senshin tribe were the remnants of the Great Seven, and some of the professors.

"But I didn't expect to see him here. Dad never liked positions."

"Well, he's still a Jikko," I said. "And when . . . when Vince died, the main family had no heir to replace him as the future leader."

"Ah. So you didn't know."