09 : Team Optimus

We watched from our respective rooms as Commander Priam addressed his people.

"Nox has created hatred toward humdrums and vilified their existence. Their organization was built believing our race were created to rule the world," he stated. "I know many of you believe this, too. Maybe unconsciously, but we do think we are better than the normal people. After all, we have these abilities that could change the world."

Some started nodding while others seemed to contemplate on his words. Commander was never the type to do this kind of thing, but he knew it was needed. He knew his silence would just bring more harm to the tribe. He had the power and influence to change our orthodox principles.

"And maybe that's one of the reasons why our fellow agents fell into the wrong side," he continued. "Our progenitor, Lord Edda, established the Custos tribe to be the guardian and protector of the people. We exist because we are needed. And we are needed because we have the power to fight. This world does not solely belong to us. Despite being hidden in their shadows, I hope we treat them as equals. Someone who needs us just how much we need them. And I hope the hatred, greed and pride the Nox had stirred up will end with their leaders' arrest."

After his speech, he informed them the Executives were currently resting due to the injuries they got. He also gave new missions to the teams present and said he would be counting on them.

The Navis kids we encountered in Romania were also turned over to the Parietal Department so that they could monitor them, hoping that they could still revert them back to normal.

I plopped on my bed as the holograph disappeared from the wall. Exhaustion had finally caught up and a wave of relief washed over my mind. For the first time in a long time, I relaxed my mind after putting up walls to protect my thoughts.

"Your Dad really has a way with words," I said as I stared at the ceiling.

Nel snickered. "Yeah. And he's got charisma."

"Pressured?"

"A lot. Why can't he be a normal leader?" she grumbled.

Silence filled the room. She must be also exhausted after our mission. When I turned to her direction, her eyes were already closed.

"Sleep well," I muttered, and I also slumbered.

***

I was woken up by the sound of my device. When I looked at Nel's bed, she was still asleep. I sat up groggily and pulled my device from my pocket and there was a message from the Commander.

Report to my office.

After preparing, I went to his office and saw Ulysses sitting on the couch. Commander Priam was leaning on his desk, a pile of papers behind him.

"Commander," I greeted.

"I assume you already know why you're here," he said.

With what had transpired before the capture of Dale and Zeno, I already had an idea about what he wanted me to do. My expression hardened.

"Yes, Sir," I answered.

He looked at me with his intense red eyes and it felt like seeing the Blood Chamber from them. A projection flickered between us and it showed Dale and Zeno inside two holding cells with their headgears still activated.

"Just like what you did before, these cells would be transported using a remote device. However, the structures are more volatile as the detainees are more powerful than the previous ones." Commander's face darkened. "The cells will disintegrate once it gets teleported. The headgears will weaken them, but I doubt it would stop them once they resist its effect."