CHAPTER 5: 13 years old

"This is so boring," Hoseok complained as he looked around the ballroom. The other princes made noises in agreement as they all sighed sadly.

Last month, Hyuna and Dawn had announced that they were throwing a ball in honour of the boys. After getting adjusted to royal life, the king and queen thought it would be appropriate to introduce the new princes to royals and important people from other kingdoms.

The vampires had been so excited. For a month they started looking for the best clothes to wear. Taehyung and Hoseok especially went on a huge journey to find the best clothes. In the end, after a month of preparation, the ball finally came and the boys were all dressed dashingly. They decided to get matching crushed velvet suits with different colours for each of them. Namjoon's was blue, Jin's pink, Yoongi's black, Hoseok's silver, Jimin's gold, and Taehyung's was green.

The boys felt super handsome and were so excited, but part of that excitement died when they saw that Jungkook wasn't at the ball.

The boys were waiting outside the main door where they were soon going to be introduced. They were all coping with it in different ways. Taehyung and Jin were excited and loved the theatrics of all of this. Namjoon looked like he was about to puke. Jimin was shaking a bit and he looked terrified. Hoseok was daydreaming and wasn't even thinking about it. And last but not least, Yoongi didn't care.

TOO TOO TOOOOOOOOM

The trumpets sang, signalling that the boys were going to step out.

"AND FINALLY, WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE, THE PRINCES OF KINGDOM SEVEN"

The doors opened and all the boys forgot about their fears or their excitement. They stood up straight, schooled their expressions and walked out boldly.

The ballroom was beautifully decorated with lanterns falling from the ceiling, reminding them of Jungkook's garden. The white marble floor was even shinier and Jin was pleased to see that he could see his own reflection.

As they walked down the long stairs in dramatic fashion, people around them clapped, looking at them with awe and curiosity. Jimin looked to their parents and smiled at the emotions in their eyes.

They were all enthralled in this feeling of power. People were staring at them as though they were transfixed and they had to admit that the feeling was nice. Those feelings died when Yoongi brought something to their attention as they finally reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Guys? Where's Jungkook? I can't see him."

"Mom, where's Jungkook?" Jin had asked after all the initial introductions were finally done.

"Jungkookie usually never comes to events like these. He finds them boring, plus it always attracts unwanted attention he says," Hyuna explained as she watched her adorable sons pout. This crush truly is something special...

She thought back to last year when the boys declared out of the blue that they would be marrying Jungkook when they were 25. Hyuna's jaw dropped while Dawn started laughing hysterically. Jungkook came right away after their confession and looked at his long time friends with a bewildered expression. Hyuna chuckled at the fond memory and when she finally stopped reminiscing, she noticed that the boys had left and were now all sulking.

"What's the point of dressing up if Jungkook won't even see us!" Taehyung whined to which Hoseok agreed with wholeheartedly.

"I know this sucks, but we have to try to talk to people," Namjoon advised, his responsibility and duty always keeping him on track. However, the mature vampire hid how much he was bummed out. I even did my hair, Namjoon thought to himself with a pout.