~ 10 - In my arms ~

Ship: Skepnoblade
Prompt; Who knew that a stab wound could be so lethal?

-=-

Clouds of grey filled the sky, the sun barely visible as it concealed itself in the massive clouds of storm and rain. Devastation filling the air as the young knight searched desperately for the older knight, who so happened to be the younger's leader and -secret- boyfriend. If the other members of the troop knew, they'd surely have them executed. The raven-haired Male was barely 17 when he was thrown into the depths of basic training, 18 when he killed his first person and his reaction was as expected from any normal minded people.

Zak sat on his bed, legs swung over the side and his hands still drenched in the thick red liquid, not once did he realise how terrifying reality would actually be. The boy just stared into the darkness of red on his hands, not bothering to clean himself up. Not even the sound of the door slamming open shook him from his indoctrinating trance as he simply stared. Stared and thought. 

The leader of the troop, who also happened to share a room with the younger for safety reasons, was mildly infuriated. They had killed at least 10 innocent civilians from their troop alone, who knew how many other people were killed.

"Skeppy, you killed someone out there, do you realise the consequences of that?" The brunette called, earning no response and as he looked over at the boy his face softened to one of understanding and sympathy. He crouched down so he was eye level with the shaking boy, who's body slouched in pain and shame, who's eyes darkened with every passing thought, who's mind rambled with all these terrifying sounds.

"Skeppy!" Technoblade shouted and the boy just continued to stare, no response.

Technoblade sighed, deciding it was time to crack open the jar of emotion as he grabbed onto the younger's hands, covering the blood from view and distracting the younger quickly.

"Hey, buddy," Technoblade spoke softly, holding his head high so he other could see the confidence and regain the usual spring in his step. "Let's get you cleaned up, okay?"

He observed the boys slight tremble as they shakily stood up and cleaned themselves off, ridding themselves of the heavy armour they had to wear as they clung to each other desperately, holding each other close.

"It'll be okay."

"Techno! Technoblade! Commander Blade? Please give me a clue as to where you are!" The boy desperately shouted, body drained of energy from looking for so long, two boys from another squadron had even tried to coax him back to the castle dormitories but he wouldn't go back. Not to that hell. Not without Technoblade.

"Please! Just call back, shout at me, just- just do something so I know you're okay!"

There was nothing, just pure simple silence, and it was oh so devastating to watch the boy who still hadn't ended his search.

"I'm alive so you should be too!" Skeppy called out one last time before going to heck the forest one last time, his leather boots crunching the autumn leaves beneath his feet and the sound of a soft bird tweeting in the background worried the boy. It wasn't a tweeting. The birds weren't soft. There in the sky, flying, circling around their prey were a murder of crows. Skeppy knew this probably meant something was dead and as he crept closer, to confirm it wasn't a man nor woman, he felt his body freeze up. His mind warping reality as he suddenly burst into action and leapt to the body laying on the ground.

"Bad?" Skeppy called out to the despondent boy. BadBoyHalo was another boy in Skeppy's troop. Fluffy brown hair, hazel-green eyes and fair skin, the boy was kind, caring and extremely dangerous when need be. "BadBoyHalo?"

"Skeppy... Come here, please," The boy cried out, pulling the younger closer to him, into a somewhat tolerable embrace. Until he felt it... the pain was short and didn't last long.

"Look at me, don't cry. I'm doing it for the rebellion," BadBoyHalo mumbled, stroking the shocked boy's cheek, a layer of mud infused blood lay on his skin as his caramel eyes widened at the boy, who passed away.

"Fuck, Bad. I didn't know it would end like this but- Thank god, you died happy... But I can't die yet," Skeppy mumbled to himself, almost as if he was forgiving BadBoyHalo for his sins as he held him close, "I need to go, I'll come back once I'm better, I'll see you soon."

The boy shakily stood up from his perch on the ground, the blood around his stomach growing larger and larger, filling his white tunic with a thick scent of the metallic-tasting substance. As his feet hit the ground, he noticed the sun setting in front of him and from between the silhouette of the trees, he noticed a shadow racing towards him.

All of a sudden he was wrapped in an embrace and the sound of heaven filled his ears.

"Oh my god, I'm glad you're okay, nerd," Technoblade spoke up, leaning away from the boy before watching in fear as the boy crumpled to his knees, clutching his stomach with one hand, the other holding onto Technoblades shirt tightly. His fingers gripping the material like a lifeline.

Technoblade dropped as well, his arms encasing the boy as he noticed the mass amount of blood on the boy. Yet a soft smile was placed on the raven-haired boy's lips, a soft, genuine smile as tears slowly trickled from his eyes and down his cheeks as the other held him closely.

"Dave..."

"Zak, it's okay."

"But hey, at least I'm dying in your arms," Zak mumbled, kissing his fingers and placing them on Daves chest before his arm went limp and he shut his eyes as to not bother Dave with it later on. He knew it would pain the other, even if he didn't always say so.

"Yeah, at least you died in my arms," Dave agreed, planting a kiss on his own fingers and gently placing them on Zak's lips. "I love you."