flustered

[Hinata's POV]

My day was just like any other. I was awoken by the bright light leaking through my blinds as I groggily rolled out of bed. I then went to bathroom, brushed my teeth, packed my school stuff (including my volleyball) and grabbed a granola bar for breakfast.  As I walked to school I observed my surroundings.

The clear blue sky and green grass made it seem as
if nothing could go wrong today. In the distance I could see two elementary schoolers having fun on the playground without a worry in the world. Then, as I approached Karasuno High, I felt nothing but excitement for what the day would have in store for me.

[Kageyama's POV]

There he is. That cheerful, naive, oblivious, little carrot head. Like every other morning, he walked into class with a huge grin on his face.

"Kageyama! Aren't you excited for the practice game today? We're gonna be all 'bam!' and then 'whoosh'. The other team won't know what's coming!" I smiled contently at Hinata's optimism.

"Yeah, okay dumbass. Sit down before you get scolded. If you have detention you won't even be able to play." Hinata's eyes widened as he quickly ran to his seat.

As class begun, I felt my mind start to wander. In that moment I could think of anything, but my mind ran to that dumbass Hinata. I thought of his constant determination. His passionate rambling. How he could always make someone smile. It was truly endearing. Oh, fuck. I better not be getting soft all the sudden. I could feel my cheeks turning red as I snapped back to reality and started to work.

After we handed in our work, I looked over to see Hinata giving me a thumbs up with that lovely smile. And then I realized.

Oh no. Oh, oh no. I like that boke.

[author's note]

okay so,
i know this chapter is really, really, really short, and i'm sorry. but then again i'm like 99% sure no one is going to read this so i don't think it really matters. anyways, even if this ends up getting 0 reads, the other chapters will be waaayyyyy longer. okay, i hope you enjoy!

p.s.
remember to take your vitamins and wash your hands! corona virus is spreading fast so stay indoors as much as possible . stay safe!!