C H A P T E R # 0 1

Third Person's P

Third Person's P. O. V

The sun hung lower in the sky. She was sitting on the shore all by herself, listening to the calm sound of waves which were resembling the sky. Her body shiver every time as the cold breeze hitted her body.

Her emotions were not easily hidden on her innocent face. Her pain was evident in the crease of her lovely brow and the down curve of her full lips.

But her eyes, her eyes showed her soul. They were like a deep pool of restless gold, an ocean of hopelessness. She was a dream, a vision.

She sat up from the beach as it started getting darker. Her home was just a walking distance from the beach which was a true blessing for her as she could come here whenever she felt like it.

She slowly made her way down the street reminiscing all the things that had happened in the past few months. She was getting married to her childhood friend. Someone who is nothing more than a friend.

It's not that she hated him, but marrying him would place her in an awkward position. In any other circumstances, she would probably fell in love with him after marriage but not when she's already in love with someone else.

Her childhood crush. At least that's what she thought in the beginning that it's just an infatuation, that it's just another random crush. But after six years she still loves him, not sure if he even loves her or not.

Shraddha and Sidharth were friends since childhood. Being each other's neighbor was a plus point in their relationship, which made their bond stronger. Both the families had always maintain good relation among them. It was always Sidharth and Shraddha in every story until Varun came along.

Varun was Sidharth's cousin. He often used to visit Sidharth during his summer break and eventually became friends with Shraddha. And the stories and bond that once belonged to Sidharth were now Varun's property.

She used to share each and everything with Varun. Being Shraddha's best friend, it never bothered Sidharth. He didn't care who she spends time with or who gets to listen her stories. He always wanted her to be happy.

Life went by and with a single blink of eye they were all teenagers, attending colleges, sneaking out. But their friendship remained same. They still shared stories, they still hung out.

But one day life happened and everything fall apart. Varun along with his family was shifting abroad. No one knew why. Apparently, he wanted to get higher studies but still it was never his goal. He never told anyone about it. He didn't even share it with her.

She got the news two days before his flight. She was heartbroken with his behavior. He never told her. The person she used to share everything with, didn't told her of him leaving.

For some unknown reasons, he started distancing himself from her making her feel like he was leaving because of her. She had a crush on him and by his behavior she knew he also liked her but what forced him to make this decision?

And now, it's been six years, six fucking years and she still loves him. Her heart still beats for that one person who broke it. But look once again what fate has done!

She's getting married to her best friend in less than a month. Sidharth. She never loved him more than a friend but she very well knew his feelings towards her. Anyone can tell by the way he looks at her, they way her cares for her.

Their bond was great. Perfect. This is the main reason their families decided to get them married. She was an obedient girl since childhood. She couldn't say no to her parents, she didn't have any reason to.

What would she say? That she's still waiting for that asshole that broke her heart, she's waiting for that douchebag that didn't even call her in these six years. On the other hand, Sidharth was on cloud nine and why wouldn't he be? Not everyone gets love in their lifetime.

Shraddha always considered Sidharth as the most luckiest person on the planet. He has someone as great as varun as his brother. He's getting married to the person he loves. His family loves him. It's not like her family didn't love her but they never prioritized her dreams and wishes.

She reached her home by seven and saw Sidharth's parents having a talk with her family about their wedding preparations. She decided to avoid all of this and started climbing the stairs. She froze dead in her tracks when she heard his name.

"Really? They are coming?" Shraddha's dad asked.

"Yes. I just had a talk with my brother. He along with his wife and varun are coming to India to attend the marriage of our kids." Sidharth's dad replied.

"That's great. Now it will be more fun!" Shraddha's mom replied.

She rushed into her bedroom and crashed on the bed with tears in her eyes. Why now? Why now? She was screaming from inside.

"Shraddha?" there was knock on her bedroom door.

"Y-eah!" she quickly wiped away her tears as sidharth came in.

"Where were you? Everyone was asking about you?" he sat on the bed in front of her.

"I-I just went out for a walk." she replied with a half smile.

"Guess what?" he asked.

"What?" she frowned.

"Varun is coming!" he replied excitedly.

"Wow! It's great!" she tried to sound shocked and excited.

"I know right. It's been so long. I even forget, how many years? Four or five?" he counted on his fingers.

"Six." she replied with a sharp pain in her heart.

° ° °