04. Rehearsal

Many students were seen pressing their faces against the see-through walls of the dance studio in Kimetsu Academy. They watched as the second year and third years gathered together to start practicing for the collaborative performance they had agreed upon. Whereas, there's [name] who was sitting on the ground of the dance studio, leaning against the wall as she read the scripts.

Trying her best to memorize those lines.

She had taken about two days to recover, and the carnival was about a week away. Thus, they needed to start practicing starting today, while Mitsuri was busy getting the outfits together with Koyuki as well as some help from Shinobu who was in the next class and Kanae who was in Sanemi's class as well.

Most of the male students who were standing outside the dance studio were admiring how [name] looked with her hair tied up in a messy bun, clad in an off-shoulder top along with a pair of long denim jeans and a pair of white canvas shoes.

They watched as her dark blue ocean eyes scanned the paper in her hands, and soon she looked up. A smile appeared on her face as she waved a little at the ones who were standing outside, and most of them started to fanboy.

Then they watched as Tengen made his way over to [name] and settled himself beside her. He then leaned in a little too close to personal space, but [name] was so focused on her scripts that she didn't notice his pressence.

"You're rather quiet lately, doll," and that's when [name] realized he was just next to her. She then noticed his hand was on her head and was patting her head, which then her eyes widened at the motion.

She immediately slapped his hand away, as her heart pounded hard against her chest. He then noticed she was trembling slightly, and he quickly withdrew his hand. A little apologetic that he scares her instead.

He watched as [name] quickly scurry away and ran up to Haizaki who had just entered the dance studio with a scowl on his face together with Sanemi as the duo had gone to get snacks and drinks so that they wouldn't feel hungry during the practice.

"You shouldn't be eating all these," Haizaki commented as he lightly pushed [name]'s hands away. She pouts in response and Tengen watched as the bond between [name] and Haizaki was showing.

A rather strong bond.

"Alright, let's start with practice," Kyojuro called out and [name] along with the others soon gathered in a circle, and sat down on the floor. They were told to practice their lines first, before heading into the actions.

"Can someone explain this to me? The more I read this, the more it doesn't seem to be Romeo and Juliette anymore," Tengen spoke out as he was sitting opposite of [name].

"Oi, narrator!" and Giyuu quickly flipped his scripts and started.

"A little girl called Juliette, who grew up in a shinobi clan. She was admired by many for her beauty and her capability in keeping up with the adult training. She was the only child, and was the sole successor of the clan, only till a dreadful day occurred to them,"

Then [name] soon stood up and stood in the middle of the circle as Haizaki soon joined her as well. He then ruffled her on the head, and one could tell that [name] tensed up upon contact. Yet she tried her best to relax as she knew this was her older brother.

"Father, can we have some onigiri for dinner?" she asked and Haizaki chuckled heartily.

"You've done well. You can choose to eat whatever you want," he spoke and soon stopped as they turned to look at Obanai who was dressed up in a maiden outfit. Their eyes widened and so did everybody else as they burst out laughing at Obanai.