10. Disconnect

[name] smiled a little as she sat right at the back of the assembly hall together with Mitsuri, Hakuji, Shinobu, Ume, Koyuki, and Kyojuro. She watched and listened as the principal of the school was giving his farewell speech to the Third Years who were graduating, and all [name] could feel within her heart.

Was that pang of sadness lingering.

Her dark blue ocean eyes then wandered and soon laid upon Haizaki. Dressed in a proper attire along with his graduation gown dawn upon his muscular built, his name was soon called upon and he proceeded up the stairs of the stage to receive his certificate.

He graduated.

With excellent scores, which Himejima was so very proud of. She then watched and giggled a little while Hakuji rolled his eyes as Haizaki then ran off the stage, jumping off the stairs and shouting at the top of his lungs.

"BEAT THAT! I GRADUATED!" and he soon quiets down when Himejima looked at him with a raised eyebrow. [name] then watched as Shinazugawa Sanemi got up the stage to receive his certificate, and [name] had heard that he wanted to become a mathematics teacher.

She then watched as Tomioka Giyuu got up the stage as well, and smiled when he nearly fell down, causing Shinobu to snicker slightly in response. Soon she watched as Kocho Kanae received her certificate, and then Iguro Obanai, followed by Gyutaro.

Then her dark blue ocean eyes laid upon Uzui Tengen. As he walked up confidently in a flamboyant manner and strike a pose, causing most of the female students to stare in admiration. She could only smile a soft smile as he watched him get his certificate.

He had graduated.

And was moving to another country to study.

.

.

"They're over there," Gyutaro spoke out and pointed to Ume who was busy waving her arms up to catch the attention of Gyutaro and Haizaki. The graduated third-years then quickly made their way towards where [name] and the others were, and all they could do was smile and appreciate the congratulations received.

"Let's take a photo together!" [name] suggested, and Hakuji raised an eyebrow in response. [name] was not one to enjoy having her photos taken. He then looked at [name] and she smiled in response, but one could tell.

The lingering sadness in her eyes.

Today was the day where the third-years have officially graduated. They have officially finished their high school phase and would be moving on to their adult lives, be it studying in a university or proceed to work full-time. [name] then felt a pair of fuchsia-colored eyes looking at her and she turned. A smile appeared on her face as she looked at her boyfriend who had on a solemn look.

"Hey, what's wrong? Why do you look so sad? You've graduated!" [name] spoke out with a wide smile and she soon felt Tengen cupping her face in his large warm hands. He then sighed in response as he started to caress her face.

"Fuck. When will I be able to look at you this close again?" he asked in a weak voice, and [name] could only laugh in response as she swats away Tengen's hands from her face. He then chuckled and soon pulled her into a hug, yet everybody could see how reluctant he was in letting her go.

Haizaki then sighed in response and soon stood by Ume as he was taking a picture together with her. Yet, he knew, deep down, [name] wanted someone to stay by her side more than ever.

"Don't be sad, we'll definitely meet again," [name] said with a smile and Tengen could only smile in response to her positivity. His eyes then widened when he felt his cheeks squished together by his petite girlfriend, and she looked at him with a slight scowling expression.