Reviving Facebook

Reviving Facebook

Cinder's POV:

Thorne was to busy getting favored by Cress and Iko to help out. Cress and Iko were to "busy" to help out. Wolf was sleeping, and Scarlet was missing. Kai would've helped but his face was to recognizable. Cinder could have disguised him as someone less recognizable but she still didn't like using lunar-charm. So Kai was confided to the ship and Cinder had to look for scrap metal all by herself. Typical.

Cinder walked through the gates and started scanning. "Nothing, nothing is useful.", Cinder started to mumble,"Most of this is from last century." Cinder stumbled and fell onto a big heap of metal. Not just any piece of metal in a giant heap, a computer! Cinder heard about these, like how she had heard about cars, but never ever had she thought she'd find one. All, most, had been broken down for parts nearly 50 years ago. She was amazed one could make it through all these years.

She quickly started to haul the data base and monitor inside. Iko had started to walk around the ship when Thorne went off to do other business. Cress was elsewhere on the ship. "Iko! Come here I need your help with something." Iko soon came outside and helped haul in the computer.

"What is it and what do we need it's parts for?"

"It is a computer and we are not stripping it. Most computers were destroyed nearly two-hundred years ago and the rest long before that. This is untraceable by anyone and we may be able to get it up and running again soon."

"How are we going to do that? This is what, say a hundred years old?"

"Nope actually it is three-hundred, eighty-three by the looks of it."

"Well then I hope you know how to fix it, because I certainly don't."

"Just leave that to me.", Cinder smiled at the challenge.

"Just one question. Why?", Thorne saw them pushing it up the galley-way to Cinder's room. "Don't even ask.", Cinder replied with a grunt.

"Well I asked and I want an answer. Why is that thing coming aboard my ship?", Thorne asked.

"It is a computer. Most were destroyed TWO-HUNDRED years ago. The rest were destroyed long before that. If we can get this running then we will have a non-traceable way to communicate."

"Yeah one problem with that. That is only one computer not six or seven. So can we strip it?", Thorn pleaded. He always had fun stripping things down. He acted like a big over grown child sometimes.

"No"

"Please?"

"No"

"Please?"

"No"

"Fine."

"Good. Now go outside and look through the scrap piles. You never know what you may find there."

"Sure thing your highness. Anything else you may need? A comfy pillow? A glass of water? A s-mmmmmhhhhmhmhmh.", Thorne faded off as he place his hand over his mouth. This was one thing Cinder liked about using the lunar-charm. You could make Thorne shut up with it.

"Just go.", Cinder forced Thorn to walk out of the room. "Cinder?", Iko sounded uneasy. What now? "What?"

"The computer is on."

"How in the whole fricking universe could that be online?"

"I wired it to the ship and it turned on. Hey wait what's this?"

"What's what?", Cinder couldn't stop the curiosity from leaking out of her voice.

"Facebook? What the heck is face-book?", Iko showed some confusing.

"Cinder! There are ten more puter-what's-its out here! Help me haul them inside! I think we just found you a little project.", Thorne's voice was loud and clear as the message processed through Cinder's mind.

Better get to work.Cinder smiled at the challenge.