Chapter 6: Two Seconds

{Author's Note: Hi there! I've had some issues with formatting when transferring my chapters to Wattpad so please let me know if you find any issues with my scene transitions. Like if you'd like, share if you want, comment your opinions! I love hearing them :) Happy reading!}

Ryan couldn't believe his luck. Repulser and Fuse hadn't shown up in days and the day they decided to reappear was the one day he forgot his mask at school.

What utterly rotten luck.

Ryan knew Kilowatt would be pissed. He had called Kuma while on his way to the pier and told him to bring his mask, but the school was three minutes away through the trees. It was easy to get lost there and Coma didn't know the direct route like Ryan did.

Ryan anxiously waited in the boat rental shop for an entire two minutes before he decided that his secret identity was nowhere near as important as stopping Repulser. So, he groaned as he tugged the paper bag over his head, quickly ripping some eye holes and tugging his father's hat over his head, tying it in place.

I hate my life, I hate my life, I hate my life! Ryan wanted to scream as he ran out of the boat rental shop, racing off towards the south point of the lake. Luckily it wasn't far and he seemed to get there just in time. He could see Kilowatt surveying the lake, judging the best possible way to save the day without losing lives.

He knew she must've been distracted because she didn't seem to notice Fuse about to throw electricity at her. Ryan acted fast, throwing his arms up and forming a thick wall of water between the two, stopping the bolt just before it connected with its target.

He raced towards Kilowatt and saw Fuse drop his arms. Ryan scowled under the paper bag, pushing himself to run faster so he could get the fight over with.

Yeah, yeah, I look hilarious. You won't find it funny when I throw you in the lake again. Ryan threw a stream of water towards Fuse who ducked it with ease.

He sent more water jets at Fuse while Kilowatt shot at him with electricity. Somehow, he managed to dodge the attacks, leaping around on his long legs.

Bloody show off even when we're not in math class. Ryan thought.

"We're here to save lives!" He heard Kilowatt shout. He glanced at her and saw she was pointing towards the lake where Repulser was still on a boat. Ryan understood immediately and leaped onto the surface of the lake, riding a wave across the water and praying his paper bag mask wouldn't get soaked along the way.

As he got close to Repulser, she quickly sent shrapnel from a broken boat sailing his way. Ryan struggled to hold up his wave and create a wall of water at the same time, but he managed to do so, sinking slightly into the lake.

He lowered the wall as he surfed around Repulser, scanning for civilians in the water. He saw nothing but splintered boat pieces and let out a sigh of relief, trying to think of a plan to stop Repulser from doing any more property damage.

She hurled a piece of wood towards him and he pulled his arms back, switching the direction of his wave instantly. He saw a flash and his eyes widened. Was Repulser taking pictures of him?!

In this hideous bag?! Ryan wanted to scream. What terrible rotten luck!

Ryan figured the best course of action would be to sink Repulser's boat, so he held out an arm to keep his wave steady and threw the other arm up, pulling a giant wave up high. Another flash went off and Ryan blinked, nearly falling into the water after losing his concentration. The giant wave didn't crash right onto Repulser like he'd wanted but instead splashed straight down, sending a wave over the water, pushing Repulser's boat towards the south side of the lake.