이십구

Yena's POV

"I need to go back to America"

After Yuri said those words, it's been stuck on my mind since then.

It's been 2 days but I still can't process it. I just can't imagine living a day without her, it's been hard when she became cold towards me a week ago but without her here physically, I just don't know anymore.

Everything was going well between us, but then it changed and I wasn't really expecting it.

Today we're gonna meet up. I'm nervous to be honest and I don't know why. I missed her so much, and today it feels like it will be our first time to meet.

Yuri has been my support, mentally and emotionally. She has been there with me through ups and down. I don't love her because of what she can give me but because of how she loves me when I can't fully love myself.

It might seem like I'm sometimes way too confident about myself but truth be told, there are times I doubt how things will work out in my way. I am doubtful of my efforts, making me think that I'm not good enough.

But Yuri, she turns everything around. She always makes me feel that she's proud of me and that everything will be fine. She's the one who taught me how to love myself.

And that's why I love her.

It's because it's her.

I looked at my watch, I'm a bit early but that's okay. Everything is worth waiting for, especially when it comes to Yuri.

I took my phone to play for a while when I heard the door of the cafe made a sound. I looked up and found a hamster-like person smiling brightly at me.

If she's gonna leave, I won't be able to see those smile everyday anymore.

I smiled back and waved at her, she came to where I was and took a sit across me.

"Hi" she simply said, while fidgeting with her fingers, looking so nervous.

I chuckled at her cuteness, stood up and sat beside her. I took her hand in mine and intertwined it.

"Joyul I miss you~"

I don't know how but the moment she came inside the cafe, my nervousness just disappeared.

"I miss you too unnie" she replied.

We locked our eyes for a few minutes before I looked away, admitting defeat.

I cleared my throat, "I hope you don't mind but I already ordered ahead, and I got black sugar tea for you" I asked her, looking back at her.

I saw the side of her lips rised, "you still remember my favorite, and that's fine unnie, thank you"

I gave her a smile and looked down at our hands, I played with hers, softly rubbing my thumb in her palm, not knowing what to say anymore.

"I know you've been dying to ask me something unnie" she said and I just let out a sigh.

"What you've said last time Joyul, it just keeps bothering me.."

Our orders arrived, and we thanked the waiter. I sat up straight and faced Yuri properly, looking into her eyes.

"Lots of what ifs came into my mind after you said those words, I can't sleep properly nor eat. It just that, I don't know what to do if you're truly leaving.."

I didn't leave my gaze off her but the moment I saw sadness in her eyes, I didn't handle it and looked down at my lap.

Lots of scenarios appeared in my mind if Yuri is not by my side. I looked like a wreck and I don't want that to happen.