Chapter 4

Zellon flew through the Diamond Class District, heading straight for Monica's. When the sound of gun fire echoed from her house he increased his speed. He landed hard and ran through the front door. The living room was trashed, claw marks and fur littered the room. There was blood splatter on the wall by the stairs. He could hear sounds of a struggle coming from upstairs. He took the stairs three at a time, gun drawn. He found a bedroom door completely splintered into pieces. He went in and found Dexter and Daphne facing off against the creature from the video Monica had taken three years ago. The bathroom door on the side, had claw marks on it from it trying to claw it's way in.

Zellon fired his whole clip into it, but it didn't falter. He pulled a holy water capsule out of his pocket and threw it at the creature. It exploded on contact. It let out a horrific screech before running to the bedroom window. It jumped through the glass and ran off. Zellon and Dexter ran to the window while Daphne ran to the bathroom. She shifted back and knocked on the door, "Monica, its gone." The door opened slowly. The smell of blood had Zellon looking to her.

Dexter shifted back and grabbed a towel from the pile of laundry Monica had in the corner of her room. He pressed it to his side, "The damn thing busted through the kitchen, and went straight for Monica. Even when we managed to get it off of her and she ran up the stairs, it didn't give a shit about us, it wanted her."

Blood was pouring from Monica's lower left arm where she had held it up to block it from getting to her vitals. Daphne grabbed a towel and tried to stop the bleeding. "Dexter, run down to the fridge and grab a couple of baggies," Daphne told him. Dexter rushed out the door, but Zellon knew she was going to need more than that. He went up to her and removed his leather jacket. "She needs to properly feed," he told Daphne. He picked Monica up and sat with her on the bed. Her fangs instantly found themselves in his neck. He held back the groan he wanted to let out.

When she finished feeding she licked his wound closed. "It wanted this," she said, giving him the memory chip. She then got off of his lap and stepped away. She was sexually starving now and needed to find someone to give her what she needed. Dexter came back up with baggies of blood and a can of liquified sexual tension. It tasted horrible, and Monica always avoided drinking them. "I'm good for now, thanks," she lied to him. Zellon pulled out his phone and called Rigor. Monica tuned out Zellon as he requested a team come to their house.

She should have just taken the can, she thought. She needed that part of her hunger fed, but she was really in the mood for the hot blooded man who had been under her a few minutes ago. He had hardened as she fed from him, and to say she was impressed with the size she felt, would be an understatement. She gave in as she took the can from Dexter. She cracked it open and chugged it, wanting to hurry up and get past the bitter taste of it.

Zellon stood and tucked the chip away before getting statements. What he was not expecting was the chief to walk through the front door with Monica's parents. Cassie Artfilia ran to her daughter, "Are you okay?" "Yeah, mom, I'm fine," Monica assured her mother. Her father turned his gaze on to Zellon, "And why is it, anytime my daughter is in danger, you just happen to show up?" "Because he was on his way to meet me. I had some evidence to give him from Myro's things that could possibly contain crucial information. As soon as I found it that damn thing attacked me," Monica cut in. "We're alive because he showed up," Daphne told him. "It was determined to get to her one way or another." "I managed to sink my teeth into it, and it tasted like rotting flesh and sulfur," Dexter explained to them. "That explains why the holy water capsule worked on it," Zellon said, more to himself, but the chief nodded.

"Is it possible it'll come after her again," Cassie asked Zellon, worry bright in her eyes. "We don't know," the chief replied. "If holy water hurts it then it is possible that it can't step on to holy ground," Luka stated. "There aren't many holy ground places," Daphne pointed out. "However, Detective Oro lives in an abandoned church in the Garden District that is sitting on a few acres of holy ground," the chief announced, causing Zellon to glare, eyes red, at the chief.