Chapter 11

Monica had tried staying up for Zellon to return, but she fell asleep on the couch. When he returned he saw her on the couch. "Monica," he barely whispered. She woke up instantly though and sat up. She looked at him, and saw the anguish in his eyes. She took his hand and lead him to the showers. "I wasn't allowed to leave a single one alive," he whispered, his voice filled with pain. "There was a woman, she was pregnant. I could hear the baby's heart beat."

Her heart broke for him. She helped him out of his clothes before taking off her own. She turned on the wall of shower heads before pulling him under the spray. Again he sat on the floor, his head in his hands. She washed him tenderly, making sure not a trace of blood remained. When she finished she kneeled before him. He didn't say anything as he pulled her to sit in his lap. He wrapped his arms around her, his face tucked in her neck. His hold was tight as he let his tears mix with the water that rained down on them.

When the tears stopped he enjoyed the warmth and comfort she was giving to him. When the water got cold he stood with her in his arms, not wanting the cold water to touch her. He sat her down before going to turn off the water. They dried and put on the clothes he didnt realize she had waiting for them. His eyes trailed over her when he noticed she was wearing one of his shirts, and do to how large her breasts and behind was, it barely went past butt. As she moved, he got glimpses of hot pink panties. He was slightly disappointed when she put on a pair of shorts, but he wasn't gonna mention it. There was a time and place for everything, and right now was not the time. However, she would soon need to feed. She had a simple quickie last time she fed from someone. The idea of her going to someone else, worsened his mood.

She gave his had a reassuring squeeze while giving him a smile that made him nearly stumble. She was an angel. An angel he did not deserve. Especially after what he did tonight. He was a selfish bastard though and was going to keep her. They went upstairs and he laid down, pulling her on top of him. She shifted so she was comfortable as he wrapped his arms around her. He kissed the top of her head. He went to sleep feeling at peace despite the horrors of the night.

The next morning he woke up first, he phone ringing. Monica was asleep, undisturbed by his phone. He reached over and answered it. "Oro," he said when he answered, Monica shifting, tucking her face more into him. He felt the left side of his mouth lift into a lopsided smile.

"We got two of the scientists who had done experiments for Project Sunshine," Rigor told him. "And they're willing to talk." "We'll be there soon," Zellon told him before hanging up. Monica gave a slight little whine of protest and he chuckled. "It's so early," She grumbled. "Duty calls love," he told her. She sighed and sat up.

The sight before him was the sexiest he had ever seen. Her hair was a mess from sleep, wearing one of his shirts, and she had the smallest of sleepy smiles on her face. As she sat there trying to wake up, he silently took a picture of her. When she got up she stretched as she made her way to the door. "You coming or are you just going to stare," She asked him, looking at him over her shoulder, a small smirk on her lips. "Take a cold shower is what I need to do," He confessed to her. She laughed softly as she shook her head before leaving the room. 

She made coffee before she began to make something quick for them to eat. Once they ate and dressed, he flew her to head quarters. When they went in Rigor met them in the lobby. "We have them in the interrogation rooms," he told Zellon. Zellon nodded before turning to Monica, "We'll meet you in the office." She nodded and began to make her way to their office. Once in a deserted hall Rigor looked at him. "It's like a switch flipped between the two of you," Rigor said to him. "That's exactly what happened," Zellon told him as they turned a corner. "And what switch is that," Rigor asked him. 

Suddenly their chief left a room and he gave a nod to Zellon. "Congratulations," The chief said to him. Zellon figured the council told him. Zellon nodded, "Thank you sir." "Come by my office when you get the chance," Chief said before walking past them. Rigor looked at the Chief who was walking down the hall to Zellon. Then the dots connected, "You and Monica?" Zellon nodded, "Yeah." Rigor smiled and slapped him on the back, "Congrats partner. Guess Layla will be very heart broken." Zellon rolled his eyes as she shook his head.