8

soyoung

donghyuck pulled himself away from yuta and dusted his clothes. "jungwoo brought a girl we barely know."

"when are you gonna listen? stop explaining for jungwoo and let him." jaehyun exasperatedly said.

a boy stood by the door, darkness pouring on him, making it difficult to study who it was. "jungwoo... of course it's you." i could hear him sigh, his raspy voice giving me goosebumps.. also because it sounded familiar. "when are you gonna listen and stop causing any trouble?"

i looked up at jungwoo and it was odd, odd how jungwoo didn't seem frightened at all. he seemed relaxed and confident about bringing me in this place, it was messing my mind up.

"i know you'll let her stay hyung." jungwoo paused and blinked, his lips curving into a tiny smile. "i know you'll let soyoung stay."

as jungwoo spoke my name, i was still confused about the fact that he knew my name. 

the anonymous finally stepped away from the shadows. his dark intimidating eyes connecting with mine, there was no softness in that gaze but i saw a glimpse of sparkle glittering in them when we saw each other. 

it was him, that same perfect eyes, nose, lips, and face.. the perfection himself.

taeyong that son of a jerk.

i had mixed feelings, i had no idea how to react. my brain stuttered for a moment and my eyes took in more light than i expected, every part of me went on pause while my thoughts caught up. instead of saying anything i just stood, staring at him like he did with me.

"so can we kick her out?" somin grabbed my wrist, her nails digging down my skin, but i felt no pain because i was blown away by the fact that he was here.

"let go of her." taeyong sternly said, somin blinking in deep confusion and not obeying what he was saying. "what? but, but what if she causes trouble.. what if she's bitten?" somin stuttered, backing up when taeyong began to walk towards us.

"hands off her." taeyong said, trying to sound calm as possible.. impatient almost overflowing inside him.

"but we can't just trust someone we barely know? especially because she's from dwight-"

"i said let fucking go off her." taeyong aggressively tugged somin's hand away from mine. "she's staying, and if you don't approve it then leave." taeyong announced, causing me to silently sigh in relief, it felt so nice to breathe out all the air i've been keeping in me.

jungwoo smiled widely as the others just nodded, not really caring but donghyuck expectedly huffed and left the room, slamming the door.

finally the argument ended, period.

the others began to walk their own way and the only one who stayed with me were taeyong, jungwoo and yuta.

i looked at taeyong, his eyes were already focused on mine. we sheepishly looked away from each other and i decided to speak. "thank you." i said, not daring to make eye contact with him.

"it's evening, yuta take her to your room." taeyong tilted his head toward the exit, receiving a nod from yuta who was currently tying his hair up.

taeyong then walked away, i was quite bummed about the fact that he was acting like we haven't talked.. which we did. i remember every single detail during that bus ride with him, probably one of the most splendid moment because i never thought i would be talking with the one and only lee taeyong.

jungwoo rubbed my back and grinned. "you can go with yuta, i'll talk with taeyong hyung for a minute." he said, and left me with the japanese boy.

"follow me." yuta said and commenced to exit the room, i followed him and before exiting as well i could feel somin's glare. carelessly, i gave her one back and left.

"so basically i sleep alone in my room, i wanted to be roommates with sicheng but lucky taeil... he's sleeping with him instead. i asked if we three could just share the room, but taeyong said it won't go well." yuta began to talk comfortably with me, smiling throughout his sentence. i like these type of people, the outgoing ones.

i ambled close to him and observed our surroundings. "who's sicheng?" i inquired, yuta chuckling after hearing me pronounce the name wrong.

"he's the dude sitting by the window, didn't you notice him?" yuta said and i nodded slowly. i did notice a lonely boy sitting on a table by the opened window during that argument in the class, he seemed unbothered and mysterious. how was it even possible for him to ignore such a huge and loud argument?

yuta smiled weakly. "he used to talk, but when the apocalypse began he just silenced."

we entered another room, a classroom where the tables were pushed aside as a blanket and pillows were splayed on the floor. "for tonight you can sleep on my bed, i'll search for more blankets and pillow tomorrow."

i shook my head and looked up at him. "no, no i won't mind sleeping without any of those-"

"i insist." yuta cut my words off, smiling. "today must have been a harsh day for you, and so will it be tomorrow. so please."