13

soyoung

the sky was black tranquility married to a poetry of stars. it was the softness that called body and brain to rest and let the heart go to its steady rhythm. night came as a reward of sorts, a restfulness above to calm the soul. wow so peaceful, this was the only thing i'm asking for right now, and here it is, god had given me my wish-

"why the fuck are you still up?"

an irritating voice had destroyed my peaceful scenery, expectedly it came out from donghyuck's mouth.

i faced away the window and saw donghyuck, standing with an opened flashlight on his hand. the grimace look pasted on his face just haunted me, what is it i do that annoys him so much? does my breathing annoy you?

"taeyong told me to join your night patrol." i explained and walked up to him.

"fucking great, how brilliant... so amazing, just fantastic." he sarcastically grumbled and commenced to walk away, not caring to whether wait for me, or at least gesture to follow him.

i swiftly jogged my way up to him, quietly following his footsteps and endlessly hearing him complain. my presence seemed to buzz around him like a fly that he can never swat. every movement and breath i performed infuriated him to no end.

"ahh i swear this is so fun."

"being with you feels 100x slower."

"my god would you stop breathing so heavily-"

"what do you mean?! i literally breathe like a normal human being!" i spat out, donghyuck wincing slightly made me satisfied.

"okay dwight freak!" he retorted an irrelevant reply. "really? oh my god, what did dwight even do to you?" i grumbled, running my fingers through my hair. taeyong, suggesting to join donghyuck tonight is absolutely not a great idea.

"some fuckers from dwight annoys me." he reasoned making me scoff. "am i included in those fuckers? because i didn't even know you existed... your reason is meaningless, what you're trying to say is that you generally just hate every single dwight student-"

"false, i don't dislike jaemin, jeno and renjun." he interrupted and flipped his imaginary long hair.

my tracks paused for a fleeting few seconds, as i caught up again i excitedly jogged up to donghyuck with a smile on my lips. "renjun? as in huang renjun?" i quiered making him look at me with knitted eyebrows.

"you know him?"

i smiled at myself, ridiculously. i remember those times when lucas would always annoy the hell out of renjun, especially because of his height, they had the cutest friendship. "yeah i do, and since you like renjun, can you possibly like me back now?" i smirked while wiggling my eyebrows.

"nah, renjun was an annoying ass bitch anyway." donghyuck hissed, making sure to never get what i wanted. "that shit thinks he's more sassy than me, but there's only one sassy bitch in this world and that's me."

i had no idea if donghyuck was actually getting comfortable with me, but unluckily i wasn't paying attention to what he was saying, because as soon as we went out to patrol the school field, something seemed off.

"and like renjun's comebacks are bad as fuck, mine are savage but jeno that bitch always thinks renjun's more bitchy because he's biased as fuck... jaemin doesn't do shit and drown himself in his disgusting ass coffee."

the more donghyuck talked, the more his voice got blurry, slowly i was spacing out and focusing closely, looking out for the thing that didn't settle things right.

"anyway, whatever renjun believes but we all know i'm the bitch-"

i quickly placed my finger on top of his soft plumpy lips. disgusted, donghyuck swatted my hand away. "get your nasty ass finger-"

"shh!"

before donghyuck could explode in anger again, a walker was spotted behind him, sprinting its way to the food in front of its eyes.

i jolted donghyuck down the grass, making him grunt in pain.

the walker roared after donghyuck disappeared from his sight, then in instant had his eyes on mine. with enough bravery, i kicked the walker's knee as he lost his own balance. by that, the body fell on the ground, right beside donghyuck. before he could make any movement, i vigorously smashed the monster's head by stepping on it with my foot, so hard the blood splashed everywhere along with the slimy brain.

"fuck!" donghyuck exclaimed, wiping off the blood on his face. "where did the walker come from?"

i looked up and saw the gate, completely wide open. "aren't those gates supposed to be closed?" i pointed making donghyuck's eyes enlarge. before many more walkers could raid the field, donghyuck had instantly already locked the gates.

"finally something to inform taeyong about." he said.