08 | Final

the time at the restaurant

In two days, Yoongi and Eunmi are yet to text or call each other. They've wanted to, of course, but he remains too shy and she's always too stubborn.

That's not important though. What matters is the fact that their phones contain each other's numbers and, even better, they'll be seeing each other tonight. Like an actual planned meet-up. ( Or, as most people would call it, a date. )

Just because she's not texting Yoongi, it doesn't mean Eunmi's phone is dead. In fact, it buzzes just as she's picking up her curling wand.

Rebecca:
hey, what are you up to tonight?

Eunmi:
i got myself a date ;)

Rebecca:
OMG who?? do i know them?

Eunmi:
remember the cute guy in goal
at that hockey game?

Rebecca:
you're going out with Min??
wow have fun and tell me all
the details!

Meanwhile, Eunmi isn't the only one with friends invested in her date. In a house similar to her own, less than a kilometer away, Yoongi is in his bedroom with Bri.

"What jacket should I wear?" He asks, holding up two jackets, one leather and one denim, to his chest.

Bri tilts her head to the side, pondering.

"Leather. It gives off a sort of badass vibe and girls love a bad boy... or so I'm told."

Yoongi snorts.

"Yeah, because clearly I'm a total badass. I mean, it only took me like seven attempts to muster the courage to ask her out."

Unlike Eunmi, who at that very moment is frantically attempting to curl her hair and apply mascara simultaneously, Yoongi has to do very little to get ready. He runs a hand through his slightly damp hair, already starting to turn wavy as they dry from his shower, sprays a bit of cologne, and then he's set.

Or, at least, his appearance is ready. Of course, because this is Yoongi, his nerves are all over the place.

"What if she doesn't like me?" He says, chewing on his bottom lip.