Because

I drew this picture for the Doodlewash challenge, it was supposed to be Liam and John but it doesn't look like either of them especially not Liam and it inspired this chapter. I haven't thought about this story in too long before this so I'm glad of the inspiration. Also this chapter is in Liam's POV but I didn't try at all to sound like him so enjoy...

Sometimes relationships aren't easy

Sometimes relationships aren't easy. Things with John always seemed easy but after we got married everything was different. After a while it was like we stopped trying.

We both had a lot of demands on us that pulled us away from home and away from each other. That shouldn't be an excuse. We needed to spice up our marriage and make time for it before it was too late.

John was at home so I decided to ditch work and surprise him. We could use the time to have a date afternoon or summat, just the two of us.

I walked into the living room and I couldn't believe my eyes with what I saw. John had his claws into another man almost pulling his shirt off his back, leading their kiss. They looked like they didn't care if they got caught. I couldn't stand to watch them for another second.

"What are you doing?"

They stopped and looked at me.

He was young, younger than me. He reminded me of how I was when I met John for the first time. Overwhelmed but too excited to step away. He looked like me too. Blue eyes, shaggy brown hair, big eyebrows. John had found a younger model.

"Who the fuck is this?!" I exclaimed when neither of them said anything.

"Liam..."

"What're you doing sucking his face off in our home?"

"I'm sorry." The young lad said.

"Get out! What're you still fucking doing here?! If I see you near my husband again..."

"I'm sorry." he repeated, scrambling out the house.

"Go on, John." I pushed for his move. "Are you gonna apologise and fuck off too?"

"No, I'm not going anywhere." he stood his ground. "I am sorry. You were never meant to find out."

"I know that. Does his mother know he's out, messing around with you?"

"He's not that young, he's eighteen. It's just today, that one kiss. It wasn't going to be more than that."

"That's not what I saw. How could you do it? We made vows."

"I know but we hardly see each other and when we do, we're not close. I have needs."

"So have I but I haven't cheated."

"It was just a kiss, he was never gonna do more than that."

"And how many others have you been kissing?"

"No one. This was the first and last time. You kiss people all the time. There's photos of you kissing your own brother more than I kissed him."

"For a laugh when I'm drunk. I don't bring them to our home where we live."

"I won't do it again."

"I don't believe you. How am I supposed to trust you, knowing you're around other men?"

"Because I'm your husband and I love you more than I could love anyone else."

"I love you too but I can't look at you right now." I made a swift exit before he could go on the charm offensive.

Once I was out the door I got Bonehead to meet up with me at the pub. He was married to Kate so he understood married life, especially married life as a rock star.

I told him how I'd found John. He wasn't surprised, he was completely calm about it. I'd had time to calm down too to be fair. We talked it over, over a few pints.

"D'you think this lad will go to the press?"

I hadn't thought about that even though we were all used to those stories whether there was any truth or not. "Nah, I scared him off."

"What're you gonna so?"

"Put him in my bad books for a bit." I shrugged. "Let him make it up to me."

"I would've thought you'd be raging, kicking him out and all that."

"What good would that do? He's my husband, we need to work it out. We'll get past it."

"What if you can't? I don't know if I could look at Kate again if I'd caught her."

"It was just a kiss. People kiss all the time. I'll kiss you right now, it won't mean anything."

He looked at me, understanding my attempts to rationalise. "Alright. If you're sure, you have to go home and talk to him again."

"I know." I nodded. " Thanks for being there got me, man."

"No problem."

"Don't tell anyone."

"No, I won't."

John was waiting for me when I got home. He was surprised that I wasn't drunk. "Can we talk? I miss you."

"Yeah, but you're not worming your way back in, you're proper in the dog house."

"No less than I deserve."

"What were you thinking having that scrawny little tosser when you've got me?"

"He was something like the lad you once were, like meeting you again."

"So you tried to cheat on me with some knock off version of me?"

"You could put it like that but that just proves I wanted you and you weren't there."

"I'm here now."

"How can I make it up to you?"

"I need to forget I ever saw him."

"He's gone. I'm completely committed to you."

"You better be because I don't want to divorce you. I saw my dad do it loads to my mam and I'm not having it for us."

"I know. I think we should start having kids, make us a family. We'll do it right, nothing like we had."

"Yeah." I was shocked but I agreed, I wanted kids, he wanted kids, we had talked about it a bit before. "We should."

We both knew having kids couldn't be to fix things but it would bring us closer together again. We were put off by our pasts, not wanting to turn out like the parents we had but we were different, together we could do better. We didn't discuss the details of how they'd join our family or how many, we just agreed they would come. I wanted a big family, loads of kids running around the place.

Even as we started planning having kids, I found it harder than I thought to move past John cheating. I didn't want to leave him alone so he couldn't go behind my back but being glued to him out of suspicion was no way to live . He could have anyone, whenever he wanted. If he could do it once he could do it again over and over. I tried to believe him when he promised he would never. I tried not to want to do it back in revenge so he'd know how it hurt. We'd always trusted each other, right from the start, no matter where we were or what we were doing, I'd trust him again. I knew because love is old, love is new, love is all, love is you, because the sky is blue, he always told me that.

Author Note- Liam is way too calm in this and seemingly let's it go far too easily but I didn't want them to be mad at each other.