Interviews

We all leave the library, leaving Gallant alone. Michael and I decided it's time to break Gallant even more. I quietly sneak up to the catwalk, while Michael dawn's his leather suit again. While I wait I notice the radio has changed to Gold Dust Woman, by Fleetwood Mac, oh, how I miss Stevie and her music. Once I see Gallant look into the hall and see Michael, I cast a spell on him, causing a false vision. Gallant will think he is following Michael, but really, he will be doing what the anger inside of him desires most. Once they are upstairs, Michael flashing on the catwalk beside me, "there's nothing like catching someone in the act."

I nod and the two of us head to Evie's room, where Gallant had snuck in. Michael pushes open the door and Gallant looks over to us, shocked and confused, he himself covered in blood. Michael and I glance down and Gallant follows our gaze, to his grandmother's lifeless body. When I hear a woman scream, I look over to Michael, "it seems as though Venable found our happy souls."

"Yes, it does." Michael nods before he and I head down stairs.

To our surprise Venable's office door is open and she is there with two members of staff, Mead and a young couple. The young woman holding the side of her face, since she had just been slapped by the large woman, holding her by the hair. "The world is strewn with the unburied corpses of seven billion people, and all you can think about is fornication?" Venable looks between the couple. "And I'm the sick one? Get them out of here, their punishment can't come soon enough."

"No, please!" The two plead. "No!" The two are dragged to the surface tunnel. Venable stopping at the entrance, watching them leave, then turning back to her office before walking back.

Once she is gone Michael and I walk up the tunnel, finding Mead holding her side, since she had been shot, "stay with her, I'll get the other two." I pass Mead, without even looking in her direction. When I get into the decontamination chamber I see the large woman standing over the man, "stop!"

She turns toward me, "I don't answer to you."

"No." I turn, hearing Mead. "But you answer to me."

The young couple stand and Mead takes them back to the room they were found in. Michael and I head into Ariel's office to prepare for our interviews. I sit on the desk and smile over to Michael, who looks over to me and chuckles, "What?"

I shake my head, "nothing. Just admiring you."

"Is that so." Michael walks over to me.

"Yes, it is." I take a deep breath. "Why me?"

"What?"

"Why did you choose me?"

Michael stops for a minute and thinks, "because you are the one, Rose. You are a powerful witch, you are amazingly beautiful and devilish. I couldn't imagine anyone other than you by my side."

"Other than Ms. Mead."

"Yes..." Michael nods and drops his head.

"I'm sorry." I look down, "I shouldn't have..."

Michael moves closer to me and places a hand on my knee, "do you really wanna know why I choose you?" I nod as Michael takes a deep breath, "I'd been flying solo for so long. Nobody singing a harmony. Just me and my shadow. But then I found you like a melody and it was like you were singing in the same key." Michael shakes his head, "that doesn't make any sense, does it?"

I chuckle, "no it does." I nod, "I wanna run down your wild dreams. I wanna chase every high with you. We'll never learn how to sing the blues."

Michael smiles at me and places his hands on my cheeks, placing a forehead against mine. "You are perfect."