Chapter 16

Originally Posted 15th March '20 Edited 22nd March '20 for pics.

(A/N: Hey everyone, hope everything is going good for you, here's this weeks update! Hope you're all staying safe and healthy, with all this Covid-19 outbreak, I personally think everything is just being handled ridiculously, people panic buying and the whole world going mad over the virus, I mean, I get it's scary for the people dealing with it, and I do sympathise with them, people have unfortunately died from it, but there are plenty of people who have also got through it as if they've just had a cold.. things are getting cancelled and postponed and I'm just ready for it all to end now, me being British, the UK haven't gone on lockdown, yet, and I'm just trying to carry on a normal life, but it's difficult with all the people panicking about it.... anyway, hopefully this chapter will cheer you up, if I do have any readers who are unfortunately having to be isolated right now, I hope this chapter entertains you, and I hope you will get better soon! Anyway, everyone please enjoy this chapter, I wanted to include some pictures in the chapter but annoyingly, it's being awkward about what ones upload and what ones don't, so I may try again later to upload those pictures (Pics uploaded), I have left it on a bit of a cliffhanger, and I'll hopefully be back next weekend, I am debating on whether to update next Saturday instead of Sunday as it's Mother's Day next Sunday so I'm not sure what I'm doing yet, if I'll get time to publish the next chapter, so you may have a Saturday update instead of a usual Sunday one.. anyway, have a good week, stay safe, happy, healthy! Laters)

We spend the following morning packing our bags for our little holiday, I am actually excited for this getaway, it'll be good for us, and we don't have to worry about a thing, just us time for a long as we want. Mind you there is one thing that I'll be worried about and that is Stefan, he keeps insisting he is fine, but I do keep hearing him grunt in pain. I hope to god that Ray gets what is coming to him, he could have killed Stefan, all for some stupid obsession, I don't want to think about where I'd be if I didn't have Stefan in my world.

"Ok, I think we're set, it's a couple of hours drive, just making sure I have everything" He says walking around the kitchen and starts talking to himself. "Two packed suitcases for the car, check, the keys, check, a safe house ready to be left for a bit, check, beautiful pregnant wife" He says and looks at me, we both smile at each other. "Check, I think we are good to go" He says. I get down from the counter and grab my suitcase, I grab his but he takes it from my hand.

"Stefan, I can manage" I insist.

"I know you can, you're lucky I'm not taking yours from you" He says.

"I'm not the one healing" I point out.

"No, but you are the one growing our baby" He also points out.

"Yeah, I'm pregnant, not dying" I tell him.

"I'm not dying either, I ain't gonna let what that maniac did to me, or you, ruin our holiday" He says. I sigh in defeat at his stubbornness and listen to his grunts as he takes his suitcase to the car and then packs the boot.

"Do you want me to drive?" I ask, genuinely concerned for his condition.

"I can manage babe, honestly" He assures me. He puts his arms around my waist and pulls me into for a passionate kiss. "And I'm not going to let my condition stop me from making love to you, I'll just take some painkillers every few hours and take it easy, we're going to have a lovely time away" He assures me.

"You amaze me Stefan, but I don't want you to pretend around me, if you struggle, be honest and I'll help you" I say. He smiles and kisses me again with his hands holding my face for his kisses.

We eventually hit the road and get onto the motorway.

"Crap! Did you remember sun cream?" Stefan asks in a slight panic.