a thousand fireflies

( dipper's p.o.v)

Just like any other couple me and paz called eachother. Oh yeah me and Mabel got phones for our birthday. Hers of course was pink with glitter and hearts. Mine was plain blue.

Each time we called Pacifica would seem sad. Or tired it was pretty strange for me.  We would always meet at the forest at midnight. Everyone in our house would be asleep.

I was doing some research about this and the only thing it came up as was PTSD.

(Post dramatic stress disorder)

I wanted to tell her about this. Before I left I glanced at mabel. She was already asleep as always.  I picked up her phone and turned it on silent. To make sure she wouldn't wake up. I couldn't let her catch me sneak out, I didn't want her to know about me and Pacifica.

I walked to the front door and quietly opened it. I closed it and proceeded to run to the forest. I saw Pacifica. She was always the first one there. I sat down on that tree stump we always sit on. But then Pacifica pointed something out.

"Dipper is that a floating star"? She asked pointing at something glowing.

"I think it's a fire fly" I said looking at it and holding her hand.

There was more. They came out of the trees. And soon there was about a thousand.

"Paz I think you might have PTSD" I said still staring at the light.

"I'll look into it" she said smiling.

"I love you more than a thousand galaxies" Pacifica said resting her head on my shoulder.

"I love you more" I said kissing her on the cheek.

We walked away from that forest. And then I walked her home.