Part 1

" You'll never make it." "filthy halfbreed." Where some of the lines that swirled in my head, hitting like shrapnel into my self-worth.

I glared at my reflection seeing the very features that defined and verified everything they said. I angrily smack the clear pool of water, disrupting the image. I Donovin Leafling was a half-elf and was hated for that very reason.

I got up emotionally drained and continued walking down an abandoned road. The road leads to a town where I hope to get some food, I don't have any coins so I have to rely on the mercy of strangers, with that I prepare mentally for the rejection and accept the fact that I probably won't be eating for a while.

(Time skip)

Entering the town I see a cheery sign that reads " Charlington Town". I pulled the hood of my cloke tighter over my ears in an effort to make my origins less obvious. My ears I could hide but my pale almost translucent skin and icy blue eyes would give me away. I was now faced with two options, one, I could abandon what pride I have left and beg door to door or, option two, I could use my only valuable possession to charm passerbyers into giving me coins or food. I forgot to mention that one I am a bard and two I can do magic and by that I mean I can do one spell and it more often than not doesn't work and lands me in trouble.

The pains of hunger claw at my stomach disrupting my thoughts and make me slightly wince in pain.

"Well The last option is a little more dignified so I will go with that," I say quietly to myself, continuing to walk further into Charlington.