Part 2

(Moira's POV)

"What a beautiful day!" I think to myself, skipping out the door. The sun was shining in all its brilliance and everything appeared to be glowing in its rays.

I grabbed my basket and headed to the town market, greeting everyone I passed, some were friendly while others were less friendly, but I greeted them and kept a chipper attitude anyway.

" I wonder if anything exciting will happen today," I say to myself.

" I mean nothing much usually happens here but I have a feeling that something is going to happen, and I think it will be good."

As I approach the next building a frightened yell cut through my thoughts and my smile disappears. I could hear men laughing followed by something hitting a wall very hard.

I run-up to the edge of the building and peer around the corner. What I see leaves my stunned, A young man being shoved against a wall by a few of our townsmen, my uncle being involved as well. Tears stung my eyes as I dropped my basket and ran to them.

"Please! Stop hurting him!" I pleaded earnestly, running in front of them before another hit landed.

" I demand you stop this now!" I scream at them.

My uncle stares at me in complete shock, then regains his composure.

" You shouldn't be here." He states.

" And neither should you!" I state angrily.

" He's a half breed and a stranger and he isn't welcome here." One of the other men interjects.

"And by whose standards? Yours? A group of men that have no integrity to speak of?!"

I glare at them hard.

The older man that spoke before me, growled." I will not be told by a child what not to do. you need to learn your place."

Just as he was about to cuff me in the head, an arm shot out behind me and grabbed his wrist.

"I suggest you keep your hands to yourself If you plan to keep your pride." The young man behind me says pain evident in his voice.

The man roughly pulls his arm back.

" You're not worth our time mongrel."

They turned and stormed off, My uncle only looking back to give me an ashamed look before following the others and leaving me and the injured young man in the alleyway alone. He started to collapse next to me, I tried to catch him but because of the size difference all I did was slow his fall. I helped him to prop himself against the wall as I assessed the situation, now that I looked at him he was very different from all the men I had seen before, he was around my age judging by his appearance and had a thin build, but his skin was strangely pale and green veins could be seen below the surface.

''I don't think he is human, maybe Elvish? Nah, not quite.'' I think to myself.

Then it hit me and I mentally face palmed the men had said that he was a half breed so that must be why he looks so strange.

I quickly tear a strip of cloth from my dress and use it to wipe the blood from the young man's face.