Part 3

(Donovin's POV)

The sudden contact startled me and my eyes shot open. I thought she would have left but here she was wiping blood from my face.

''Why are you helping me?'' I ask quietly.

''Why wouldn't I?''

'' Because I am a halfbreed.''

'' And?'' She replies noticing the broken instrument lying a few feet from where we sat.

''Do you play?'' She asks gesturing to the instrument.

I nod, and she continues.

''I'm Moira. What is your name?''

''Donovin.'' I reply.

''Well, it's nice to meet you Donovin. If you can stand I can bring you back to the house where my father can more efficiently help you wounds.''

''I don't think that is a good idea,'' I state.

''Well you don't seem to have much of an option, it will be ok besides I can't just leave you here."

I let the shock I felt show on my face as I tried to stand with the help of this surprising individual. Grabbing the broken pieces of my once beautiful instrument she put them in the basket she had dropped earlier and pulled my arm over her shoulder as we walked slowly back through town. We soon arrived at her house, It was a small house with a beautiful garden in front of it and in the garden was a small wooden bench just big enough for two.

She pushed open the door and led me inside to a chair where I, being exhausted, gratefully sat.

''Father?!'' she called.

'' Wait here I will get Father.''

I nod in response.

In her absence, my mind starts to wander.''Why is she so nice to me? I have done nothing to deserve it, but I also haven't done anything to not deserve it either. I am at a loss. She said she couldn't leave me, what did she mean by that? How is her father going to help me? What if he chooses not too? And those punks broke my Lute, how rude! It's going to be expensive to fix. Where am I even going to find the coins to fix it?''

My mental rambling was interrupted by the approaching footsteps of Moira and her Father.

'' Well son, My daughter has told me of your run-in with some of the Locals. Now let's see about getting you fixed up.''

His eyes drifted from me to the Broken Lute beside me in the basket. He walks forward and picks it up examining the pieces. A bright smile lights up his face as he touches it.

'' This is a beautiful instrument, one I never thought I would see again. But never mind that I will tell you all about it when you are well enough.''