Years past

Y/n is now 15 and Shu is 17 they are currently still living in the orphanage after they hit 13 no one wanted older children so the both of them are the oldest living in the house. (Just some background information)

Shu's POV
As always I was sitting in the bay window, hastily awaiting when y/n would come over and brighten my day. As if on command y/n comes running up to me "Onii-Chan, guess what I got for you today!" She gives me a toothy grin "what's that" I smile slightly at her "this" she holds up a horror novel (it's your choice what book you choose) "I heard about it from someone at school and they said it was for the sick and twisted, I know your more sweet and charming but I thought you might like it" she smiles, I was left awed, she just called me charming and sweet. She's said many things to me in our years of living together but never that. I took the book and for the first time I was the first one to give a hug "do you like it?" She hugged back "no" we parted and her face dropped "I love it" I admired the beauty before me, the cover was so shiny, the letters had a metallic glow.

Suddenly it popped in my mind "how exactly did you pay for this?" I furrowed my eyebrows "well....." her voice trailed off and she looked to the side, twiddling her fingers again "I might have spent all my chore money" she closed her eyes. She was waiting for me to yell at her. In our years of living together I was at first cold to her after our first meeting, but as days went on I began to feel a connection and took a liking towards her. I've only ever yelled at her twice before once because I caught her taking to a boy, and another because she lied to me about where she got a Christmas present from. I told her not to buy things for me that would cost her whole allowance.

She couldn't help it and I knew it. I took a deep breathe in and sighed "next time, tell me, I told you that you don't need to spend money on me" I patted her head "but you spend money on me all the time, what's the difference?" She shrugged her shoulder and tilted her head "it's different because I'm older, I spoil you, not the other way around" I opened my book I was previously reading "onii-Saaaaaan" she pouted and slouched in the spot next to me in the bay window. "Can you read to me?" She asked and I nodded. When we were younger I didn't like to read to her at first, but I found out it was the quickest way to get her to go to sleep. Her head would fall on my shoulder within the first few minutes. And I needed her to fall asleep. I had 'business' to attend to.

I began reading and just like clockwork, within a few minutes I felt her head in my shoulder, I wished I could stay right here in this spot, she was absolutely adorable. Of course I couldn't let her know that. I moved slowly and covered her with a blanket and carried her to my room and layed (don't know if that's a word) her in my bed. I was the oldest so that meant I was the only one to have my own room, y/n shares a room with two other girls, both under 12.
"Now to take care of some business, tomorrow you won't have to worry anymore" I whispered and moved a hair out of y/n's face. "Mei, I'm going out real quick" I told her as I grabbed my coat "be back soon, it's getting late" she waved me off.

~~~~~~~~LATER THAT NIGHT~~~~~~

Y/n POV
"Onii-Chan?" I woke up and rubbed my eyes "I'm here" Shu was in the corner of his room where all his books were and this window and favorite comfy chair, it was a big, spacious, soft chair, I often sit in it with him and he reads to me, of course I fall asleep less than half way through. "Come sit" he pats a spot next to him "onii-Chan, where did you go?" I say next to him and he seemed to tense up, but maybe I was just imaging it. "What do you mean" he sounded cold "I woke up a little before I finally woke up this time and you were gone, I waited 10 minutes and when you didn't come, I fell back asleep" I looked at him with a sad face.

He clears his throat "I just..... I went to.... go get some of your favorite ice cream at the store" he slightly smiles, he never fully smiles, at least not that I've seen "really!?" I got so excited I jumped out of my seat, only to be pulled down by my onii-Chan, he had his arm around my waist, still holding his book. "Not yet, you have to wait till tomorrow after school, it's too late tonight" he said, eyes never leaving his book. "Fine" I crossed my arms and pouted