Mei's Backstory

This chapter is just how Mei came to want to open an orphanage for kids, and just a little bit about her so if you don't want to read it it's ok.

Mei was always a very well behaved child, always listening and never got in to trouble. Well a few times perhaps, but never many. She was fine playing by herself, as a child she never had many friends, people often thought she was weird and kept a safe distance. She never understood why she couldn't play with other children, every time she tried they would push her away.

And when I say push I mean they literally pushed her, and when she would cry, they would call her a crybaby. Her mother always asked her why she never went outside, but Mei would just say she liked it better inside. Mei was an only child, being born caesarean (C- section) her mother didn't want anymore kids. Her father was a different story, he left her mother and went with someone else and had a son.

Mei was always pressured to be more 'manly' when she went to visit her father. Mei would try hard not to show any sign of weakness around her father (sorry if this offends anyone) she tried not to cry and to behave.

When Mei grew older she became very isolated and still had trouble making friends. Though she herself didn't make friends, she still did not tolerate bullying and would stand up for anyone who was being bullied. After one bullying incident, after Mei saved twins, a boy and a girl, they both befriended her. These were Mei's first friends, in freshmen year of high school.

They all always spent time together and the twins were nothing short of gorgeous. The twins soon became popular, mostly for their looks, and would date off and on, still making time for Mei. Of course, Mei soon pushed them away and felt worthless. Mei fell into a depression, thinking if only she were beautiful enough, maybe people would like her. Mei didn't get a boyfriend until sophomore year of high school.

Her mother at this time was always working away from home, almost never home to spend time with Mei. Mei's father was always home, but he was living with, what Mei would now call, stepmom. Mei didn't like to go over to her dads much, only for the reason she didn't feel like she belonged, she knew her dad loved her and she loved her dad. Yet, Mei didn't go over much to see her dad.

Her first boyfriend was abusive however, always putting her down and when they were together he would be very aggressive, always demanding. They mostly stayed at Mei's, because her mom was never home. Seeing as her mom was never home, she never knew about Mei's bruises, and about her sobs during the night wishing she had someone to talk to. Wishing that someone could be there for her.

Finally Mei worked up enough courage to break up with him, of course he did not take it well. After he was finished yelling, Mei closed the door in his face. She could finally be happy. That happiness was short lived, the next day at school her ex had a new girl, he was still very aggressive with Mei, but not with his new girlfriend. This sent Mei into an even bigger depression. She felt truly worthless, why did he do that to her? What made her so special to be hurt like this? She might never know.

Soon she became friends with the twins again. Miyu and Riku.

(Picture above not mine)They all soon started hanging out

They all soon started hanging out. Mei then told them about her abuse. The next day at school, Miyu and Riku humiliated her ex and he didn't get another girlfriend for a long time after that.

In Mei's senior year of high school, Mei had what most would call, a glow up. Mei saw herself as a beautiful young lady, not egotistical about it though. She felt like she really loved herself, finally after so many years of hating herself, she was able to love herself. This was the year Mei decided she wanted to help children.

She had heard of a story of where a child was beat to death by his own parents, Mei felt horrible, she wanted to help any child she could. Mei decided she would open a home for children so she could take care of them. She wanted to be there for children and give them a good home, a home where they can come to her for anything. She wanted to help those who were hurting, especially if they were so small and helpless. The twins went there way, separate from Mei, but promised to visit when they could.

Mei stayed and opened a shelter, then it got renamed by the public of orphanage. Though Mei would only ever call it a shelter for children. Whether those children were orphans or they were being hurt and abused, Mei would help them. She knew they weren't her real biological children, but she loved them as such.

Mei had a few guys falling at her feet at the time she was raising a few children. They offered to stay by her side and help the children as well, but Mei did not trust them. Just as she did before, she pushed those guys away.

After so long, at the time Y/n and Shu moves out, was the time Mei had a new lover. He was always nice and charming and the kids loved him, but that didn't mean he was the one. She was very skeptical of trusting him. She wanted to, but she couldn't bring herself to do it. She would always ask the children if they liked him and they would say yes. He was always helping out, always showering her with loving words and gifts. He would often tease Mei about marriage.

(Picture not mine) His name was Nao

(Picture not mine)
His name was Nao. He was always very kind, he loved children, he always told Mei he didn't even care if none were biological, he would love them all the same.

Mei was still not convinced, Nao would often bend down on one knee and act as if he was proposing, but then switch to picking something up or trying a shoe. Mei became tired of this and one day just......broke down. Nao was still beside her, holding her close and telling her everything was ok. After she stopped crying, Nao presenter a ring in a maroon colored box.

It was a beautiful ring

It was a beautiful ring. Mei was stunned, and took a minute to reply. She shook her head "how did you pay for this? And are you serious? I mean we've only known each other for a few months" Mei looked again at the gorgeous ring "I know but I really want you, and this life you've created for yourself, I want to be in it. Also I happen to own a juice company, free juice boxes for the kids for a lifetime" he winked at the end.

Mei laughed, and the shook her head, Nao kissed her and slipped the ring on her finger. The children were clapping and laughing and some were even saying 'eww' in the background. Soon after Mei and Nao and the children moved in next to Y/n and Shu. It was like they were all a big happy family.

At that was good enough for her.

End :)