𝐃𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

Requested by @ILoveFood749

Title: Sick

"Hey, guys!" I shouted as I ran into the lair, grabbing Mikey and running for the dojo. A few feet away from the dojo, Donnie's lab door opened, and said genius stepped out.

"Oh, hey!" he said awkwardly, scratching his head. As I was about to wave, he stopped me in my tracks, causing Mikey to bump into me.

"Do you wanna hang out today?" he asked me. I almost jumped for joy at those words. My secret crush was asking me to hang out, like I'd always wanted.

"I can't. I'm actually hanging out with Mikey today." I shrugged with an apologetic look and he nodded as he looked away.

"Tomorrow?"

"Raph."

"Uh, the next day?"

"Leo."

"Then me?"

"Ice-cream kitty." he groaned and walked back into his lab, shutting the door behind him without another word.

"Uh, you okay?" Mikey asked me as I shook my head and yanked him into the dojo.

"Yeah, yeah..."

++++++++++

"Bye, guys!" I picked up my bag off the floor and started for the surface.

"Ready for-" Raph started, shooting me finger guns.

"Of course!" I cut him off with a grin. "And then we're gonna-"

"Duh!" then he did the same. I didn't notice Donnie giving us weird looks as we talked and laughed.

"See you guys tomorrow." I exclaimed as I left the lair. 

++++++++++

"Raph, let's go!" I shouted as I jogged into the lair. Not seeing anyone, I went to the hothead's room where he was laying in bed.

"Raph?" I whispered in the dark. He moved and then sneezed a few times. Oh, no.

"Are you sick?" I demanded as I walked up to his bedside. His face was pale, his eyes were bloodshot, his nose was red, and his skin was swollen slightly underneath his eyes and around his nose and cheekbones.

"Isn't is obvious?" he asked in a nasally voice as he rolled over and buried his head under his pillow. Not wanting to bother him, I quietly exited his room and went to the living room, where Mikey and Leo were watching t.v. on a low volume.

"Now who am I supposed to hang out with?" I whined, sitting down beside Leo and putting my chin in the palm of my hand.

"Maybe you should talk to Donnie." Leo said, absentmindedly, still staring at the t.v.

"Okay." I wasn't going to wonder why, as that would've been rude. Besides, it'd been a while since Donnie and I had hung out, and I missed the nerd.

"Donnie?" I asked, wandering into the lab. It seemed empty, until he poked his head out from under a desk in the corner.

"Oh, hey," he seemed surprised, but also a little annoyed. I decided maybe he was tired, so I asked if he wanted to take a break for a little bit and hang out with me.

"Why do you ask?" he leaned on a table and wiped his face with a rag.

"Well, Raph is sick and-" he stopped me.

"Why don't you hang out with Leo or Mikey? Or even ice-cream kitty?" he turned back to his table and sat down, facing away from me.

"I want to hang out with you, Donnie. I know it's been a while but, I do."

"Oh, so now you want to hang out with me? Because your friend is sick and, what? You feel guilty for leaving me alone for these past few weeks like you have? Well, I don't need you, so leave me alone. Please. I'm very busy," he said all this without turning around, so I knew something was wrong.

"Donnie, turn around," he stiffened and I slowly walked towards him. He didn't move. All he did was clench his first.

"Donnie?" I whispered as I got closer to him. He finally turned around and I immediately stopped when I saw his face. His eyes were dull, and his face was void of any emotion. Yet, I knew that if I said the wrong thing, he would break down.

"I'm sorry," I said quietly as I fell to my knees. He said nothing, but only continued to quietly watch me.

"I love you, y'know? I'm sorry if I'm bad at showing it, but I do," I continued to rant, even as Donnie stood up and walked over to me.

"(Y/n)." he said, offering me his hand. I disregarded it and continued talking. He eventually just grabbed my hand and pulled me to my feet, hugging me to his chest.

"I love you too," he said quietly. I sighed happily and closed my eyes, relaxing against him, happy he finally knew. 

++++++++++

"Raph, did you really go that far to look sick?" Leo asked, an amused smile on his face. He had exited the kitchen to find his younger brother standing next to the door to Donnie's lab, obviously listening.

"Of course. Besides, it worked didn't it?" he pointed to himself and Leo chuckled, grabbing Raph to take him to his room.

"You're actually sick, aren't you?"

"...yeah." 

++++++++++

Hope you liked it! And i've been thinking of ideas for what do next! Like, should i do another Q&A? Or maybe a face reveal? idk!

Comment what you think i should do!