Chapter 1: Home

"Oh great god, please accept this sacrifice for you !" A woman in a dark hooded robe says.

She places a sinister looking mask with a red stone in it on a young male. Then a group of woman around the sacrifice sing in a demonic language. She then fires a high powered UV-laser into the stone. The stone glows brightly and suddenly, tendrils come out of the mask and stab the sacrifice in the head.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH !" The sacrifice screams out before breaking the chains that tied him down.

"AAAGH !" I wake up screaming.

That memory, why does it always come back ?

"Woof ?" My dog Rover asks.

"It's nothing boy, go back to sleep

"It's nothing boy, go back to sleep." I say softly.

Rover just yawns and goes back to sleep.

I try to go back to sleep, but the memory still haunts me. I look at the clock and it says 5:50 am. Getting up, I let out a sigh and begin my daily routine. I open my fridge and look through it. I decide on making fried eggs.

I turn on the radio after taking 2 eggs and heating up the stove. I take a pan and put it on the stove. Taking some butter, I put some in the pan. While it sizzles, I crack open the eggs and watch them fall into the pan. After a while, I put the eggs on a plate and eat them up.
Then I put the plate in my dishwasher and put on my work clothes.

I go outside and smell the air. The scent of nature fills my nostrils. I look over my crops and my potatoes seems ready to harvest. I take my basket and start filling it up. After a while, I had harvested everything. I put a large part of it in the shipping box. The rest I put in a chest for later use. Then I start to water the rest of my crops.
After that was the feeding the animals. At the moment I only had chickens, but I was going to expand the farm soon with cows. I take some seeds from the seed hopper and put it in the feeding bench. My 4 chickens calmly walk over to the seeds and start to eat it. Before I walk out the door, I pick up the fresh eggs.
I step back to my house, but I see that I have received mail. I open the mailbow and see a letter. Taking it out, I close the box and go inside. I open the envelope and see that it is a letter from my family.