第一章 ; 一 / 九

| 第一章 |

──────

|| His confession ||

This is no good. I shouldn't wait any longer.

୨ ─────── ஓ๑ ❀ ๑ஓ ─────── ୧

[ Mizore Hashira ]

[ 霙 柱 ] [ Sleet Pillar ]

The flame hashira wandered through the estate to find his partner, currently in his own mission to find her after eyes gazing around in the area. He already checked the dojo and other places aside from other private rooms and the living room. He made up in his mind that he would return back to his estate if he didn't find you in the living room.

But there you are, sitting on one of the navy blue soft cushions while knitting a scarf with other knitting and sewing materials including colorful yarns and needles could be seen in a small basket next to you.

The shoji that was surrounding the certain living room slid open widely to let the light went inside the room as the yard and a koi fish pond could be visibly seen as clear as day.

He stopped dead in his tracks, taking in the sight of your gentle feature. However, as expected from the female Hashira, it looks like you could sense his presence due to when you turned your head in his direction.

"Ah, Kyōjurō. "The maiden softly smiled, lowering down the yarns to placed it into a small bamboo basket, "You should have told me that you will be coming to this estate so I would've prepared some snacks and tea beforehand for you. Might as well have a chat."

"How nice of you, [Y/N] but you shouldn't mind it. I'm here to tell you something important-"He stopped his statement when you suddenly stood up and at the same time, showing him your outfit which is your hakama. He had to stop himself from staring at you any longer before you could notice it which fortunately for the male that you didn't.

He was surprised when you took a hold of his rough yet large hard comparing with your small delicate hand, gently dragging him towards the engawa and surprisingly managed to forced him to sit on one of the cushions that you had placed beforehand.

"I'm not going to have a ' no ' from you, Rengoku-san."You joked by using his last name, mocking as if you were a maid while bowing your head down, "You are my guest and I must give my best to please them. Make yourself comfortable, Kyōjurō."Cracking a small laugh at the end before retreating your form to disappear towards the kitchen.

He stared to where you have disappearing yourself and averted his gaze to the koi pond below him, hearing a peaceful sound of birds chirping on one of the tree branches.

───────────────

"This morning, "You started but soon paused when your gaze switched back to his face, lowering your yunomi that contains a green tea as you do so. He had his attention on you fully when a soft yet gentle smile appeared on your visage and he wondered what is the reason behind your smile, ready to be happy if it was something that you really love or please you. His permanent big smile etched on his lips which had a radiant light oozing out from him. He was the sun.

"Uzui, proposed to me to be his fourth wife."

His whole demeanor turned slightingly gray when he had to stop sipping the tea to process the words as his hands brought the yunomi rested on his laps. His smile faltered a little bit but forced it back to his usual smile despite the aching feeling engulfed his heart and tugged his heartstrings.

"I see! Then what's your answer?"

"I turned him down. "A soft bitter chuckle escaped past from your throat and he was confused, regardless of the feeling of relief washed over him. A question of ' why ' was left unsaid when you already answered the question that was lingering in his mind.

"Of course, I indeed feel culpability when I saw his disappointment face, however, I don't want to marry the guy who I didn't love nor wanting him to be disappointed if I married him because of pity."She reasoned truthfully, glancing to his side and placed a hand to cup her mouth as if in a ' telling a secret ' gesture,

"Plus, Uzui already has three wives."She whispered with a cheeky tone and moves away to join alongside his ecstatic laughter. Peeking towards the male secretly and averted her gaze away from him with a gentle smile.

"Besides, my heart already belonged to you."She quickly added with a small chortle, not realizing his laughter died down when he placed the ceramic cup carefully on the engawa.

Due to the gap between you two are only a few centimeters, it will make things easier.

"This is no good. I shouldn't wait any longer."

"Haha, what are you talking abo-"

He's only silencing you by placing his lips on yours. The light that was coming from the sun was only basking the scene of the new lovers, leaving a good memory planted deep inside their mind.

୧ ─────── ஓ๑ ❀ ๑ஓ ─────── ୨

Published ; March, 16, 2020