13.................

Charles ran as fast as he could....he was already getting tired but couldn't stop running..three of Eric's men were after him...he tried increasing his speed as he ran on the dark streets..he did a U- turn and they followed . For the first time in his life he knew he was doomed..this men were going to get him. Then he remembered the small pistol in his left pocket.. he slipped his hand into his pocket bringing it out he shot at them..he didn't even turn to see the bullet hit one of the men in the leg..the man fell to the ground in pains and that was it ..they were warned not to kill him ( Charles) but anything to get him down had to be done...one of the men ..pointing his gun towards running Charles shot him in the left leg..Charles speed slowed down he started limping .. he was bleeding. The guy who shot him ran towards him hitting the back of his head with his pistol ... Charles fell to the floor...Unconscious !.. but before he fell unconscious he heard someone ask..
" Shooter what have you done??"

.................5am.Wednesday
Bradford didn't sleep throughout the remaining half of the night.. He did expect Charles call but nothing..Charles hadn't called. He had even tried his line after dinner with the Okwu's but it was switched off. He tried severally later but it remained the same. Fear gripped him...he decided to call Karen. He called her and she picked.
" Hello" she answered
From the way she answered her phone Bradford knew she had been sleeping and must have woken up to answered her phone without checking who called because she always started a conversation over the phone with him by calling his name.
" Karen it's me"
" Bradford?? "
She called recognising his voice...he didn't wait..
" Has Charles called you...i mean this evening?? "
She could feel the uneasiness in his voice.
" No..any problem??"
" I think he's in trouble.."
He said and dropped the call.. He ran to his study opening his laptop...he just knew Charles had done the job ..the camera installed in Chief Dozie's office was connected to his laptop already he clicked on it.
...................
Charles woke up to the thin light which passed through a small hole in the wall. The room was dark and wide and apart from that small hole... there was no window. He had a slight headache but it was nothing compared to the pain shooting from his wounded left leg. He grit his teeth as he pulled his left leg up to take a closer look at it. If his leg wasn't treated immediately and it gets infected he knew it would be cut off and he signed at the thought of this..signed at the fact that his punishment was about to start and smiled in pain at the fact that he was trapped and couldn't escape from this room.
Just then the door opened.