21......

I'm also dedicating this chapter too...to someone special ..for her love and support . Thanks to you ..my dearest Chioma Ezemeka🙈...She actually helped in designing my book cover ...How on earth would i forget to say 'thank you' to u. You know guys the book cover is always the first impression 😂😂😂...and she did me a good thing to change it....Thanks gurl..i appreciate 💖

Mrs Amanda smiled.
"4pm of Christmas eve took my joy from me...made me that forever confused old lady you see today ."
Beth looked at her.
"I'm so sorry." Beth said.
Mrs Amanda looked at her.
"He was murdered before my eyes...no pity..not at all! ....but it wasn't his fault i loved him instead..."
Beth hugged her...she was crying now.
"I wish this didn't happen."Beth said.
" He didn't even get to know that his child was on the way ....i even had to run for my dear life... That man is a murderer ...believe me!" She said looking into Beth's eyes.
Beth was confused now.
"Who?"
"The man at the wedding!"
She was losing it now.... Just then Bradford came in ...he had gone out .
"Who mom?"... Beth was eager to know.
" the man at the wedding." She repeated and Bradford understood quickly.
"Mom...come let me take you to your room..You need to rest" 
" Brad...let her be." Beth said . She understood too that he was preventing her from knowing the truth.
"Beth ..mom's tired." Bradford said .
Beth didn't argue with him..she watched him take her to her room.
..........
Bradford met Beth in their room...She was sitting on the bed...her laptop on her laps.
"The man at the wedding ?" She asked.
Bradford said nothing...he backed her and tug at his tie making it even tighter .
"You won't say anything.. Right?"
He faced her .
"What do u even want me to say?" He asked.
"The truth!".Beth said putting her laptop aside.
" You don't want to know ...believe me!" He said ..
Beth got up from the bed....she was in front of him now. She looked into his eyes sadly
"Beth i don't want to hurt you...believe me" Bradford said.
"She said the man at the wedding .. " Beth started .
"It could be any man..." Bradford said.
"I'm not a child Brad! ...it was my father she attacked....she called a murderer !....What the hell are you hiding ?" She was crying  now..
"Beth." Bradford called calmly...he made to touch her...she moved back...
"You won't tell me the truth and that's because you don't love me!" Beth said raising her hands up and then down...crying more.
Bradford moved from her a little...backing her and facing the wall.
"I didn't get to see my dad...i grew up knowing only my mom...Only saw pictures of my dad...He was murdered exactly 4pm on Christmas eve... That was in 1982... on a Friday . " He looked at her now. Tears  in his eyes...
"I grew up with so much hatred for my father's killer ...He robbed me you know...i wasn't going to let him go...not even now ...."
"And ...." Beth started.....
"I fell in love with his daughter ...."
Beth moved back.
"Wha..t do yo..u ..mean?" She stammered .
Bradford nodded .
"You are lying ...right?" She was crying
"That's a lie!" She said .
"I'm saying the truth....i am"
Bradford moved closer to her ....trying to hold her...
"Don't you dare touch me." Beth said... She ran out of the room..going after her made no point too.....but
He regretted it now...there was no need to tell her after all.
"I'm a fool!"
He said to himself....he used the back of his hand to wipe off his tears .
"I am...really!"
Tears still flowed from his eyes....he let himself go....crying like a child....he wanted to avenge his father's death but he couldn't let Beth go too....He loved her and couldn't stop loving her .
He took off his wrist watch ...smashing it against the wall.