24

Beth came home the next day. The house was silent and for the first time she wondered if Buky was wrong after all...coming back to lying Bradford was no use but that didn't change the fact that she still loved him and wanted him each day...
"Welcome home my child" Mrs Amanda said interrupting her thoughts .
Beth smiled a little... A brief one
"I wish i was really home."she said
Mrs Amanda hugged her ...tears rolled from Beth's eyes .  
" I understand how you feel..this times will pass...believe me." Mrs Amanda said.. She wondered if she believed her own words .

........
Beth met Bradford in his study ..cleaning it out . He pretended not to see her .
"I'm home ." Beth said to him ..she knew he was ignoring her.
"Welcome" he said dryly.
Beth cleared her throat . She knew it wasn't the right time but she spoke anyway  
"For some reasons you accused my father of murder . You don't expect me to believe you like that..and it's possible that you are accusing the wrong guy too"
    Bradford looked at her . He said nothing . He had nothing to say to her this time .
"It's hard for me Brad." Her voice trailed off.
He saw tears form in her eyes and it pricked his heart but Beth held them in and continued.
"I have always known my father to be that perfect man..father ..friend.. But now with all of rtt accusations i don't know what to think again ."
"Karen's son is missing"Bradford announced to her .
" what????"
Bradford looked at her ...she was shocked .
"How? When?" She asked at once .
"She's my lawyer." Bradford said and Beth got the gist .
"You think it's my father ...right?"
Bradford was silent ...she won't agree to it anyway .
" My father is behind every scene ..right?" He knew she was getting angry.
"I'll just go to the garden and let you unpack. " he said ignoring her .
Beth looked at him and he felt guilty now..
"I'm sorry ... Let's just not discuss this"
He said .
"You know ?" Beth didn't want to drop it .
"I will prove my father's innocence to you ...i will ." she said .
"Don't hurt yourself... I beg you."
She nodded .
......................
"Why can't i speak to my son you fool?" Karen screamed on the phone .
"You can't because the deal isn't completed yet . You will once you are done ." the voice seemed calm on the other end . it was spider .
"Not speaking to my son wasn't included ...you son of a b*tch !" She cursed .
And there was a short cold laugh .
" You chose to eat with the devil ...i didn't force you...." He began ..and there was this cold silence ...Karen felt her legs go weak .
" Our terms and conditions change ...you don't give the orders here  since i am to remind you... The boss does and you not speaking to your son is one of them from now on."
Tears rolled down Karen's eyes.. Her junior.. What the hell has she done to him ...
"Bastard !!!!!....Bastard!!!!Bastard !!!..." She heard herself scream into the phone.
"You have a lot to loose if you spill the beans...." Spider continued ignoring her
"  ..you will not only loose Junior but Bradford too...."
At this point Karen cried out more..screaming curses into the phone...the call dropped and she angrily smashed her phone against the wall ...just then Bradford came in...she looked at him...if not for him...she would not have signed Junior up for his own death ...he caused it .
"You bastard ! You caused this !" She hit him hard ...
Bradford tried to calm her down...he was confused but whatever it was ..as long as it concerned junior ..it was his fault .