Chapter # 3

Your life with me is my deepest treasure...

Evelyn POV:-

"I would like to ask for your Son Lawrence's hand in marriage for my Daughter Evelyn."

Uncle's eyes widened as I shut my eyes more tightly and let out a silent tear, forcing out a trembling smile to pretend it's okay.

"You don't have to marry me, Evelyn," Lawrence said. My father's statement surprised everyone.

"Yeah, Evelyn, You are like my daughter. You don't have to. I don't want to force you." I sniffed as I wiped my tears.

"It's alright. I am not that heartless." I stood up and gave a cold look to Adrian who stood there absolutely stunned, staring dead into his eyes with this sentence.

"If I have to swallow my eternal feelings to save you..."

I then looked at Uncle and smiled.

"I'll gladly do it."

My answer shocked everyone in the room. No one expects me to say something like that.

"Evelyn..." Uncle began to say.

"How can I ever thank you," Uncle said wiping his tears.

"I am your daughter. How can I call myself your daughter if I can't do that much for you." I smiled sadly.

Uncle kissed my forehead. I wiped my tears as my Aunt And Mother left the room to get me ready for my marriage to the brother of my childhood love...

I don't know what I have done is right or wrong but, I know for sure that I couldn't let my father beg me and my uncle to die like that.

As for my feelings, Adrian already broke them. I don't think mine and Lawrence's marriage might work but, there's nothing I can do about it.

I shiver at the thought.

"Sister in the law of my lifetime love"

My heart began to beat at an abnormal pace as I lost myself. I accepted my defeat against those cruel and merciless games of fate. I lost.

With crushed dreams and a heavy heart, I agreed to marry the elder brother of the person who stole my heart years ago...

Adrian POV:-

"If I have to swallow my eternal feelings just to save you"

'Please, No. I beg you, Evelyn. Take your words back. Please.'

"I'll gladly do it," Evelyn said.

When I heard those words, I felt like an arrow had pierced my heart. Like I am crumbling slowly. My mind went blank.

I couldn't comprehend what's happening around me. I never liked Evelyn so what is this feeling of heartbreak?

I can't even stand in the room, so I walked out, ignoring the weird looks everyone gave me.

I know Evelyn loves me, Evelyn knows she loves me.

'Then how come she could marry my brother!?'

And now she is soon to be the bride of my brother. How awkward this situation could get. I just know that it's my fault.

If I accepted her feelings at that time, this wouldn't happen. But I couldn't accept her feelings, she was like a family to me and I seriously don't think that my father would allow me to date the daughter of his dearest brother.

And to be honest, I never thought about her from that perspective until she confessed.

"Dammit!"

And everything was blank after she confessed, from my feelings to thoughts, all of them changed.