Chapter # 6

...My life with you is something I would never trade, even for all the riches...

Evelyn POV:-

After getting out of the hall and meeting a whole crowd of media, I and Lawrence sat in the back seat of the BMW, I closed my eyes and leaned back on the seat and let out a sigh.

Then I realized that we are going home. My heart began to thump very loudly when the drive began. My blood turns cold by each time we get nearer.

I gulped and looked at Lawrence whose eyes were closed. He looked frustrated and my whole being went numb looking at him like that.

I never saw him this frustrated before. Terrifying thoughts began to roam in my mind;

Living in the same house as Adrian's as his Sister-In-Law, how embarrassing it can be. I just want to be away from Adrian.

'What if Lawrence knew about me liking Adrian. What Should I do?'

Lawrence is stressed, who knows that he is also like me- fake from outside. What if he took out his wrath on me when we reached home.

'No, Lawrence won't do it, he is a nice guy. What if he isn't? What if Adrian told him that I liked him.'

These thoughts began to fill my petite being with great apprehension. I gulped in fear and by looking at Lawrence like that is making me petrified.

"We are here..." Lawrence told me. I gasped.

My terrified being lost its senses when we reached home. Lawrence looked at me as my petite self lost itself in the pools of fears of what is coming next.

"It's okay, Evelyn..."

I should've thought about the future.

I gulped and gave Lawrence a look anticipated with fright.

"What happened?"

He narrowed his eyes on me and at that time I almost thought that he is not what he is and he's gonna do unimaginable things to me when we reach our room.

"N-Nothing..."

I shiver at the thought. 'Our Room'.

My thoughts were interrupted when the door of my side was opened and Lawrence held his hand out for me. I took it with hesitation and looked down.

"Come."

Lawrence didn't even spare a glance at me as we walked inside and was greeted with a welcome filled with a shower of rose petals.

Uncle Shawn and Ray, Aunt Kyla and Camila and Adrian were standing at the entrance. My whole being lost its strength when I saw Adrian.

Don't think about him.

We walked closer as Aunt hugged me and Uncle handed me a red cloth.

"You know the Tradition, Evelyn," Uncle said with a smile.

I nodded and took the cloth and turned Right. There was a pillar where a lot of red clothes were tied tightly. It's also a tradition of Bayfords that the new bride will tie a knot on the pillar to show the love and happiness of the newlywed couple.

It's said; "The more tightly knot the more tightly knot relations.", in that sense, I don't think this knot is going to last longer.

"I am sorry you have to do this." Lawrence whispered but I remained silent.

I wrapped the cloth around the pillar and tied a tight knot. It's not that I want my marriage to end miserably. It was a tight knot. I don't know why but I smiled when I tied the knot.