3.

3.

"Aye! Chica qué pasó?" Zoey shouted as she walked into Victor's house. Ashley was sitting on the couch with badly done make-up.

Ashley looked at her sadly. "I tried to put on make-up without Brooke's help and this is the result."

Zoey cringed. "Yikes. Here, Ash, I have some make-up wipes." She grabbed some out of the drawer in the side table.

"Why do you have make-up wipes there?"

"I spend a lot of time here," She said, sitting down. She began to wipe the stuff off of her face. "Why were you putting on make-up in the first place?"

Ashley sighed. "It's part of Brooke's plan to get me kissed. She wants me to wear make-up to try something new, but I told her I still liked Tad and she refused to help me anymore and left."

Zoey frowned as she wiped off Ashley's lipstick. "She just wants to protect you, Ash." At Ashley's questioning look, she continued. "Tad is a good guy, believe me. He's just not the best in a relationship."

"I understand that you guys think that, but I like him. And I want to see where this goes." Zoey smiled at her.

"Ok."

"Ok? Ok, what?" She questioned.

"I'll support you in your pursuit of Tad."

"Thank you, prima!" Ashley hugged her tightly.

"And I'll help you get with Stick!"

Zoey laughed. "Ok, geez. That's strange to hear out loud."

Ashley pulled back. "Why is it strange to hear? You like him, don't you?"

"I do! But I've liked him for a while. Almost as long as I've known him, and I've never thought about doing anything about it."

"Well, now we're doing something! And it's going to be great. I love being a teenager," Ashley skips to her room, taking a laughing Zoey with her.

--

Later, Zoey got a concerning string of texts.

Prima: I messed up 😭

Me: oh no, what happened 😟

Prima: I was tutoring tad and he offered me a breath mint so I tried to kiss him but apparently he did not want to kiss me

Me: oh no 😱

Do you want me to come over?

Prima: no it's ok

I'll just talk to u tmrw

Me: ok, if ur sure

I love you, prima 💛

Prima: love you too💛

Zoey looked up from her phone and sighed. She wanted to help Ashley but helping with romantic endeavors when she had never been in a relationship was proving to be difficult. She hoped Ashley and Brooke would make up soon.

--

Zoey and Ashley sat at Pat's at a booth in the corner. Zoey was once again doing ap homework.

"Ash, do you think you could help me with my APUSH homework?" Zoey asked, laying her head on her notebook.

"Sorry, Zo, but hIstory is not my thing," Ashley replied, not looking away from her work project.

Zoey sighed and lifted her head. "I'm gonna go grab some coffee." Zoey left the table and went to the bar.

"Nico, do you have anything that will give me the motivation to do my homework?"

"You? Need help with homework?" Nico asked, drying a glass. "Never thought I'd see the day."

"I didn't say I needed help, I said I needed motivation," Zoey pouted. Nico nodded. "That's still help, Zo."

Zoey leaned her chin on her hand. "Apush is just so boring. I don't want to do it."

"Then why'd you take Apush?"

"It looks good on college apps!" She defended. "But I would've been bored in regular US History." Nico laughed and went to get her usual coffee drink. Zoey turned around and saw Brooke and Ashley making up. Zoey smiled and ran over to them.

"Yay, you made up! I hate fighting." Zoey said as she pulled both of them into a hug. Tad walked over to them as Zoey let go.

"Hey, Ashley. I never got your contact info. Are you on Instagram?" He asked. Ashley nodded quickly. "Yeah, I'm on Instagram! I'm on Instagram all the time!"

Tad smiled at her. "Great, I'll follow you." He walked away. Ashley looked over at Brooke for help but Brooke was on her phone. "On it, just set up an account"

Zoey laughed as Ashley settled back into her project, reassured.