Twelve: Always and Forever

Katsuki

~

I didn't hesitate, running past all of the royal nurses as they helped him.

"Izuku, what did they do to you...?" I examined his small body, it was covered in opened wounds, and I'm not even going to talk about all the closing ones I saw. His body was covered in wounds, the worrying expression of pain painted across his face was ever meant to be there. It didn't look right on his angelic face. There should've been a smile there, instead.

"What the hell did they do to you?!" I yelled, tears begining to spill out of my eyes like a wave overflowing a dam. Izuku weakly smiled, raising his arm to wipe my tears with a small whine.

"I refused, Kacchan." The small boy whispered, pulling his arm back to his open chest.

"I love you, idiot. You can't do this to me." I whispered back, another tear leaving me as I watched him flinch at my touch. His breath spiked once, then another time.

"Kacchan, when I met you back when we were kids, I wanted nothing more than to be like you. Strong, and brave-" I wiped another tear from my face, gently rubbing his bruised cheek.

"No, no. This isn't a goodbye Deku." I laughed in disbelief, " You aren't fucking leaving me today, you idiot!"

"-and I was. I was so strong, Kacchan. I ended it for you, they're gone. But I just don't know what to do now." He smiled, I felt as if that would be the last one I'd ever see. I sniffled, trying my hardest to hold back the tears that threatened to spill from behind my eyes.

"I wanted to marry you when we were kids, and I still do. Everything about you amazes me. You're so strong, and that's how I know you'll be a great King, even without me. I hope we meet in the next life, and when we do, I'll be just as mesmerized as I was the first time we met."

Everyone had left the room by now, it was just the two of us saying what seemed to be our goodbyes.

"I love you, Katsuki."

"I love you too, Izuku. Always and forever."

He smiled again, but it wasn't as kind as it was before. It was shallow, he was shallow. I watched as the light faded from his eyes, his hand falling limp into mine. His once tight grip on my hand was gone.

He was gone.

Always and Forever.