Sweet Pea x Reader

Your hips swayed lazily as you moved between the tables, delivering milkshakes and baskets of fries to various patrons. Pop’s was surprisingly busy for a Tuesday night, and Sweetpea was waiting patiently outside for you, lazily propped up on his motorcycle, legs crossed at the ankle. He watched as you slipped behind the counter and removed the apron strings from around your waist, depositing it in the drawer below the cash register. You turned to wave goodnight to Pop Tate, and danced your way over to the door.

You made your way across the parking lot and towards Sweetpea, allowing a smile to break out across my face, breaking into a short run as excitement coursed through you  veins. Sweetpea’s arms outstretched to envelop you into a warm hug. Your arms wrapped around his waist as he rested his cheek on top of your head.

"Hey baby” he murmured, “ready to come home?”

“So ready” you sighed, a shiver running up your spine as he chuckled.

Without hesitation, Sweetpea shrugged his jacket off and wrapped it around your shoulders, manoeuvring it so that you could slip your arms into the sleeves. The jacket was too big for you but you loved the weight of it and the way it smelt of your Sweetpea. Sweetpea was now standing in front of you, placing his helmet on your head and focusing on tightening the strap under your chin. You smiled up at him goofily and he winked back at you, earning him a small giggle. Once he was satisfied that the helmet was secure, he held your hand while you hopped on the back of his bike, before climbing on in front of you. You wrapped your  arms around his torso and felt the muscles beneath his t-shirt tense beneath your touch.

You guys flew through the streets of Riverdale, the wind whipping through your hair and making your eyes water. You buried your face between Sweetpea’s shoulder blades, thinking back to the first time you had been on this bike, over two years ago.

Come on babe, you’ll be fine” Sweetpea encouraged.

You chewed on your lower lip as you eyed the motorbike with scepticism. Sweetpea stepped closer, his chest barely touching your back. He leant down and whispered in your  ear, “I won’t let anything happen to you… scouts honour”

"As if you were in Scouts” You laughed, spinning around to stare into his eyes.

Fine, you caught me… Serpent’s honour” he laughed, holding up his hands in defence,"I promise I won’t let anything happen to you… trust me"

Without even thinking about it,  you nodded. You did trust him. You knew how protective he was of you, how he had never let anything happen to you in the past, and you believed he would never let anything bad happen to you now.

“Fine, I’ll get on… but I need a helmet… and no speeding!” You shouted as he engulfed you in a triumphant hug.

Before you knew it, y'all were back at y'all's trailer and Sweetpea was helping you off his bike. You leant up on your tiptoes, gripping his upper arms to steady yourself as you placed a gentle kiss on his lips. “Thanks for picking me up, Sweets.”

“You know I wouldn’t let you walk back here by yourself after midnight, baby” he murmured, as he tangled his hands in your hair, placing another soft kiss on your lips.

Suddenly, his hands were on the back of your thighs and he slowly pulled your legs up and around his waist, with your hands flying around his neck to steady yourself. You giggled loudly when Sweetpea squeezed your ass while backing through the front door. Feeling steady enough in his long arms, you moved your hands from his neck to his dark hair, gently pulling so that he looked you in the eyes.