Chapter 2: Hanging with the Plastics + A Crush on the Soccer Captain

The next day seemed about the same for Lance. Only this time, he would have to spend time with the "dreadful" group know as the Plastics. Although, he wasn't sure what Pidge and Hunk were talking about. They actually seemed like a nice group of people to be around.

After grabbing some lunch from the cafeteria line with Nyma and Shay, the three sat down at their property table, waiting for Allura to be right in the middle. Lance also was wearing the required pink shirt, provided by Hunk, of course. It was a bit on the bigger side, but he managed to pull it off. Having lunch with the Plastics was like leaving the actual world and entering some type of "girl world" despite Lance being a boy and all. They just seemed to have a lot of....Rules.

"We only wear jeans and track pants on Fridays. You can't wear a tank top two days in a row. You can only wear your hair in a ponytail once a week. And if you break any of these rules, you can't sit with us for lunch. I mean, not just you, but any of us. Like, if I was wearing jeans right now, I would be sitting over there with the creative freaks over there," Nyma said, pointing over to a nearby table in the corner.

Lance noticed that Pidge and Hunk were over there, having a contest to see who could stick the most popsicles in their mouths. It seemed fun and hilarious, but Lance had to bite his tongue to refrain from laughing at the sight.

"We always vote before we ask someone to eat lunch with us, because you have to be considerate of the rest of the group. I mean, you wouldn't buy a shirt without asking your friends first if it looks good on you," Nyma added.

"I...wouldn't?" Lance asked.

"Right. It's the same with you guys, too. You may think you like someone, but you could be wrong," Nyma finished as Shay spoke up.

"So, Lance. Have you seen anyone you think is cute yet?" She asked.

"Well uh..." Lance started as Nyma and Shay seemed to have inched closer to him, wanting to know more. He blushed slightly as they gasped in delight, knowing that he did have a crush on someone. "If it's really that important...There's this guy in my Calculus class...Never mind, it's stupid anyways-"

"Who is it?" Shay interrupted.

"It's a senior?" Nyma added.

"No, no. A junior like us. His name is Keith Kogane-" Lance started before Nyma and Shay gasped again, this time in a shocking manner.

"No, no, no," Shay said as Nyma shook her head in agreement.

"No. You can't like Keith Kogane, let alone speak about him here on this table. He's Allura's ex boyfriend," Nyma said.

"They went out for a year," Shay added. "And then he broke up with her for no reason. Actually, I heard he may have cheated on her."

"No, that wasn't it. Keith said that he wasn't interested in the female population anymore. I guess he got bored and moved onto guys. Typical," Nyma replied as Shay shrugged. "Regardless, ex-boyfriends are off-limits to friends. Don't worry though. We won't tell Allura what you told us. It'll be our little secret.."

Luckily the conversation ended right when Allura appeared at their table, sitting down with her tray. It looked like all she had were some cheese fries and a can of Diet Coke.

Even though Lance was a bit disheartened that he couldn't even ask out Keith to hang out together, he could still look at him in secret. Right?

**********************************

Later on in the day during Calculus class, Lance couldn't help but admire Keith's features. Even though he was sitting in front of him, Lance could just picture his front side. His mysterious (almost) purple eyes, his long jet black hair, and even his dark red fingerless gloves he would wear on his hands.