Chapter 25

Three years have passed since Cheryl's accident. The nightmare she experienced while comatose was all but forgotten. That being said, Cheryl did tell Toni all about the life she experienced while dreaming.

Cheryl told her everything. She told her she broke into Thornhill and robbed Toni. She told her how Toni was dating Heather. She even told her how her best friend was Jughead, which Toni found particularly entertaining.

-

"So Jughead and I broke into your house, but I didn't know it was your house."

"You have such an active imagination, Cher," Toni laughed.

Cheryl shook her head, "You don't know how real it felt. Toni, I was poor."

"That must have been terrible for you, babe."

"I ate instant noodles," the redhead said, "and beans from a can."

"Awful," Toni nodded, a smile on her face. "So you robbed me for money?"

"Yes, to fix the water heater and buy groceries," Cheryl explained. "I also bought a laptop from Peaches."

"Why the hell were you dreaming about Peaches?"

"Because she was working at the pawn shop," Cheryl answered as though it were obvious. "Keep up, TT. I had to pawn the jewelry and silver I stole. There were earrings, bracelets, and this really beautiful ring. I ended up getting that back for you though."

"I appreciate that, babe," Toni smiled through pursed lips as she attempted to take Cheryl's tale seriously.

"The money was how I afforded to get red lipstick again, but that was a whole ordeal. Apparently, Heather claimed red, and I went to war with her over it."

The pinkette raised her eyebrows as she nodded her head, "Heather your ex from junior high that dream me was dating?"

"Yes, that Heather. Aren't you paying attention?"

"Sorry, this is just all a little wild. That's all," Toni answered.

Cheryl scoffed, "Imagine having to live it!"

-

She told her about her Serpent initiation, how during the dance she imagined the private dance she had given Toni. Cheryl told her about meeting Storm after earning her jacket and how the girl would not go away no matter what she tried.

-

"So wait a second," Toni said. "You dreamed about dating someone else?"

"No!" Cheryl insisted. "I dreamt about being broken up with someone else. Someone I wanted nothing to do with. The only person, even while unconscious, I wanted was you, my love."

"Mmhmm."

"Do you want to hear the rest or not?"

Toni scowled playfully, "I guess."'

-

After she knew Cheryl had fully recovered, Toni even used her dream as an excuse to tease the redhead. Her girlfriend had months of a life she never lived, and Toni wanted to know more. She didn't want to know about what girl Cheryl dreamed she was dating or who her friends were. Toni wanted to know the important things.

-

Toni flopped down on the bed, panting. "Alright, who's better?"

"I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about."