Chapter 2

"Ah...I see you have met little Chloe." A voice boomed out, as Austin entered the pack house.

Looking up, he watched a large burly man, make his way down the stairs, sensing no threat, he relaxed slightly, "So that is her name?" He asked, looking down at the little girl. She had immediately fallen asleep in his arms, her thumb in her mouth.

Smiling, he looked back at the man before him.

"I'm Delta Cole, of Silver Moon Pack, I assume you are aware that I would be here to help you?" Cole spoke up, extending his hand out for a handshake.

"Delta Austin..." He replied, extending his hand out, shaking the man's hand.

"Let my mate, Mara take the little one to the pack nursery, while we go to the office and discuss business." Cole spoke, as he nodded in the direction of the living area, where a small woman, approached them.

Letting go of little Chloe, was tugging painfully at his heart, his wolf howling, he watched as Cole's mate took away his little princess.

A hand on his shoulder, brought him out of his depressing thoughts.

"Your wolf has connected with Chloe." Cole stated understandingly,

Austin could only nod, looking back in the direction, they had gone, rubbing the back of his neck, "I don't know why though...?" He frustratingly spoke up.

"No matter...I'm sure you will figure it out in time." Cole assured him, beckoning Austin to follow.

"Where are her parents?" Austin asked, once they had settled in the office.

"Dead...she has an older sister." Cole responded.

"And why is her sister not watching over her?" Austin growled out.

"Selina had gone to take food supplies, to the old folk's downtown. Chloe was supposed to be in the pack nursery." Cole stated, defending Selina's actions.

"Look..." Cole continued, "I only arrived this morning and so far things here are a mess. It is up to us to work together and bring some peace and order to this pack. While we gather information and await new orders."

"You are correct...I am sorry." Austin apologised.

At that, both men came to a mutual agreement and spent the rest of the day going over plans, hopefully getting the member's of Red Moon Pack to trust them. Taking breaks in-between to eat and to talk to a few willing members.

For Austin it was going to be a long day and he was nowhere near finding out who the woman was, that had saved his sister or even have time to see little Chloe.

Selina had slipped in by the back door of the pack house, watching as Delta Cole and her mate made their way to the office.

Once they had gone in, she quickly ran upstairs to the nursery, finding Delta Mara and a pack member there, watching over the little ones.

Quickly thanking them, she scooped up her sister, leaving the pack house in a hurry, going to the little cottage on the outskirts of town, near the forest that surrounded them.

Once safe in the cottage, Selina placed her little sister on the bed, finally relaxing, she had been lucky, her mate had not seen her and nobody had followed her home.